Capture your home or building in a unique way using loose line drawing techniques. In this course that embraces imperfections, Peggy Dean will teach you how to create a quaint illustration of the place you call home.
After you’ve built the skeleton of your home, you’ll work on adding in small details, a watercolor wash, and lettering to your darling illustration. The skills you’ll learn in this class will set you up for all kinds of line drawing adventures, including sketching landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, and more!
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Let loose and start drawing without things looking perfect.
- Use shapes to sketch out the structure of your home
- Find the small details and add them to your illustration.
- Add a watercolor wash to your house, bushes, a sidewalk, and more!
Ready to create adorable illustrations of your home? Enroll in our Line Drawing: Illustrating Your Home online class today!
GET ACCESS TO 9 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor Peggy, and what you can expect from this line drawing course.
- SUPPLIES: Get an overview of what supplies you'll need to complete the class.
- BREAK DOWN A SCENE: In this lesson, you'll learn how to break down your house or building into basic shapes.
- START LINE DRAWING: Now it’s time to start drawing. Peggy will teach you her methods of where and how to start your line drawing.
- ADD IN DETAILS: In this lesson, you'll learn how to add in the small details that make your house a home.
- ADD COLOR TO YOUR ILLUSTRATION: Make your illustration pop by adding a watercolor wash to your home, foliage, and sidewalks.
- ADD LETTERING TO YOUR ILLUSTRATION: Learn how Peggy incorporates her own lettering style in illustration in this lesson.
- DIGITIZE YOUR ILLUSTRATION: Take your illustration digital. In this lesson, you’ll learn how to use your smartphone to post your illustration on social media.
- FINAL REMARKS: You've learned the skills! Now, take the principles you've learned in this course and apply them to all kinds of illustrations!
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS CLASS:
- Watercolor Paper
- Mixed Media Paper
- Micron Pen Set (05 and 08)
- Round Brush
- Practice Images (in your course downloads)
- Smartphone (for digitizing)
THE WORKBOOK + COURSE DOWNLOADS INCLUDE:
- A welcome message from Peggy
- Before and after images
- Steps for drawing out your final project
- How to add in small details
- A loose, playful lettering style you can copy
- Images you can use to practice.
About the Instructor
Peggy is a bestselling author and award-winning educator with a focus on modern calligraphy and illustration. She is predominantly self-taught and proudly uses her unique approach to art to ensure that learning materials are accessible to everyone.