This painting class is great for both beginner and intermediate watercolor artists! In it, you’ll start by getting a basic overview of color theory and watercolor techniques. Then, you’ll use your skills to paint a variety of colorful fruit, including vibrant blood oranges, lemons, and strawberries.
But you’re not done there! Your instructor, Susan, will also be showing you how to digitize your watercolor artwork in Adobe Photoshop. You’ll learn how to slice, rearrange, adjust colors, and use a pattern-inspired layout to complete your final project. Plus, with your new digital file, you’ll be able to create all kinds of projects, including art prints, digital wallpapers, and more!
BY THE END OF THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Use the three most popular watercolor techniques.
- Paint colorful fruit slices with intricate details.
- Import your artwork for digitization in Adobe Photoshop.
- Create digital elements from your paintings to arrange your artwork the way you want it.
Ready to start your watercolor adventures? Enroll in our Watercolor Painting and Digitization online class today!
GET ACCESS TO 7 LESSONS, INCLUDING:
- INTRODUCTION: Learn more about your instructor Susan, and what you can expect from this intermediate watercolor course.
- SUPPLIES: In this lesson, you’ll get a quick overview of what watercolor supplies you'll need to complete this class.
- COLOR THEORY + WATERCOLOR MIXING: You’ll review color theory and brush up on how to start mixing watercolors in this lesson.
- BRUSH EXERCISES + TECHNIQUES: Susan will teach you three watercolor techniques: wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, and glazing.
- APPLYING TECHNIQUES: You’re finally ready to paint! In this lesson, you’ll use your watercolor techniques to paint colorful fruit slices.
- DIGITIZING + CREATING PRINTS: Learn how to create digital assets and illustrated prints using your watercolor artwork in Adobe Photoshop.
- FINAL REMARKS: You’ve learned the skills! Now take the principles you’ve learned in this course and create your own watercolor paintings!
WATERCOLOR SUPPLIES FOR THIS CLASS:
- Cold Press Paper (140lb)
- Watercolor Palette
- Round Synthetic Sable Hair Brushes (Size 2 and Size 6)
- Winsor + Newton Paints (4 colors)
- Containers (for water)
- Pencil (Optional)
- Eraser (Optional)
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop
- Smartphone (to take a photo)
Get access to Adobe Photoshop here.
INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE DOWNLOADS:
- The 4-page course workbook
- Reference photos for fruit slices
YOUR 4-PAGE WORKBOOK INCLUDES:
- A welcome message from Susan
- A list of supplies for the class
- Your final design (reference photo)
- A form to share your feedback about the class
About the Instructor
Susan is a designer and creative with a background in architecture. Her career as an architect taught her to be thoughtful about space and how to use many digital design programs. Susan now uses this knowledge to create, share, and teach at rae + lily.