What to Make This Weekend: A Skateboard Shelf, Tree Branch Jewelry Organizer + More
With spring only a week away, we’re finally starting to climb out of our winter hibernation mode (so many blankets and Netflix). Once you’ve given that house a good spring clean, why not spruce it up a little? This is the season of new beginnings after all. Use an old skate deck you found in the garage to create a cool hanging shelf or give a blank wall new life with an epic mural. If you’re looking for a bit of St. Patty’s Day fun, we’ve got you covered there too. Here are 10 projects to tackle this weekend.
1. Skateboard Shelf: Repurpose an old skate deck to show off a few of your favorite things. We’re digging the minimalist vibes but we’d also love to get some cool color blocking action going on this baby. Not into the shelf idea? How about using a skateboard as a swing then? (via A Pair and a Spare)
2. St. Patrick’s Day Beer Bottle Labels + 6-Pack Carrier: Bring the booze to your St. Paddy’s Day festivities the classy way. (via Brit + Co)
3. Anthropologie-Inspired Pillows: We’re all suckers for Anthropologie’s cool home decor pieces, but that price tag? Not so much. Take some inspiration from the store’s $58 gold polka dotted pillow and make your own version for a quarter of the price. (via Brit + Co)
4. Gold Moon Wall: Turn a blank wall into a stellar work of art (see what we did there) by painting a giant moon mural. The folks over at A Beautiful Mess used a projector to make transferring the pattern super easy. If you’re not into the moon motif, use this technique for pretty much any illustration you want to copy. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Mixed Material Clay Stand: Prop up your prized possession (let’s not kid ourselves here) with this super easy phone stand. Use a small block of wood for the front and easily sculpt the back with polymer clay. (via DIY Diary)
7. Carboard Bookends: At first glance you’d never guess that these glitzy bookends are actually made from cardboard. But believe it or not, they totally are! The beauty of this idea is that you can adjust the tutorial to your liking. Not into the gold? Opt for a different color. Don’t want triangles? Try cube! Just remember to fill it with something heavy like sand or rocks so that it actually holds the books up. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
8. Wire Basket Side Table: Transform a cool wire basket into this playful, modern side table in a few simple steps. The maker of this project opted for a simple wood stain on the round piece of wood, which looks awesome, but we’re daydreaming about all the other possibilities you could try. (via Oleander + Palm)
10. Marbled St. Patrick’s Day Pins: Here’s a fun, festive DIY that you and the kiddos can do together while enjoying a lazy Sunday. They’ll have fun marbling the clay and we’re guessing they’ll also be grateful when they don’t get pinched at school next Tuesday. (via Hello Wonderful)
What projects do you have planned for the weekend? Share with us in the comments below.