19 Smoothie Bowl Recipes to Blend up This Morning
One glance at your Instagram feed will tell you that there’s a hot — err, cold — new trend in the smoothie game: bowls. Yep, 2015 is all about eschewing straws in favor of spoons when it comes to slurping up our favorite AM blends; these 19 beauts will show you how it’s done. Serving them up outside of a cup means you can make them as thick as you like, and enjoy topping them off with more fruit, granola or whatever else strikes your fancy. Boring breakfasts are definitely a thing of the past.
1. Mango-Banana Smoothie Bowl With Crunchy Quinoa Granola: A sunny blend of tropical fruit is a surefire way to brighten up your morning routine, and the finishing sprinkle of seedy (in the best way) quinoa granola adds just the right amount of crunch. (via The Chalkboard)
3. Strawberries and Cream Smoothie Bowl: Don’t worry, your mind isn’t playing white and gold (blue and black) tricks on you. The beige hue is simply the result of mixing red (strawberries) and green (spinach) together. (via Hello Natural)
4. Banana Mango Green Smoothie Bowls With Hemp Seeds + Sprouts: Green juice who? We’re totally smitten with these banana, mango and kale smoothies that please both kids and adults alike. (via With Food + Love)
6. Tropical Smoothie Bowl: Made with coconut water, Greek yogurt and a variety of tropical fruits, the blushing mix that results is a unique cross between a slushie and a smoothie. (via Thyme + Tamarind)
7. Coconut Banana Oats With Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal: A sprinkle of chopped dark chocolate adds an extra dose of luxury to this already indulgent-seeming coconut, banana and oatmeal smoothie. Between the oats and quinoa cereal sprinkled on top, you’ll get a healthy serving of whole grains with every spoonful. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Butternut Molasses Smoothie Bowls: This molasses- and date-sweetened smoothie bowl tastes almost sinful. It’s as if cookie butter, gingersnaps and pumpkin pie were all combined to create a match made in dessert-y breakfast heaven. (via Dishing up the Dirt)
13. Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl With Tahini (Gluten-Free, Vegan): A spoonful of tahini provides a slight nutty flavor to this totally slurpable smoothie. We love that the bee pollen dusted over top adds both visual interest and a whole vitamin and protein package at the same time. (via Will Frolic for Food)
15. Açai Smoothie Bowl: This berry bowl may be just the thing you need to help fight off colds and the winter blues all season long. A quick gaze at the gorgeous gem-like tones makes us smile every time. (via Pheebsfoods)
16. Strawberry Coconut Cream Smoothie Bowls: You’ll love the extra smooth mouthfeel that coconut cream gives these three-ingredient smoothie bowls. Top them with the included recipe for macadamia-studded granola or go au natural — they’re delicious either way. (via JJ Begonia)
17. Doughy Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl (Vegan, Gluten-Free): Some mornings we wake up craving a big bowlful of cookie dough, but we’ve yet to indulge this desire. Happily, this doughy delight delivers in a completely guilt-free way. (via Oatmeal With a Fork)
18. Dragon Fruit, Banana and Açai Smoothie Bowl: With its generous helping of coconut water and bananas, we’re certain that this would make an excellent pre- or post-gym sesh smoothie. (via Mari Jasmine)
Are you tempted by any of these smoothie bowls? Have you ever blended one up before? Share with us below!