15 *Socca* Pizza Recipes to Try This Meatless Monday (or Whenever)
When you go gluten-free or grain-free, one of the first things you miss is pizza, amiright? Sure, recipes on Pinterest catch your eye that promise to taste *just like* the real deal, but sadly never do. Well, socca to the rescue! This French chickpea flour-based pancake has always been naturally grain- and gluten-free. And it makes a tasty flat-bread crust that crisps up nicely under the broiler. You can even undercook it a tad if you want it to stay flexible enough to use as a wrap. Here are 15 socca pizzas destined to put your fave comfort food back on the menu.
3. Curried Chickpeas Pizza With Coconut Bacon: If you haven’t tried coconut bacon, prepare to meet your new fave pizza topping. A two-minute cheesy tahini sauce adds a nutty dimension to the insane flavor bomb going on here. (via Full of Plants)
4. Pea Socca and Mustard Greens Pesto: This pizza is like a green salad on top of crusty flatbread. Take advantage of the fresh sweet peas overflowing in the green markets right now and jump on this. (via The Green Life)
5. Chickpea Flatbread Pizza: This pizza calls for a schmear of pesto as a base, instead of the usual tomato sauce. The taste is perfect with heirloom tomatoes and watercress toppings, but you can substitute any veggies you have on hand and it will be just as delicious. (via Coveteur)
6. Socca With Sautéed Chard and Parmesan: Golden raisins may seem an odd pizza topping, but they provide just the right note of sweetness to temper the bitter Swiss chard, and the taste is — ooh la la! Pro Tip: Allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes before using and your crust will cook up crisper. (via Oh My Veggies)
7. Caramelised Leek, Apple, and Rosemary Socca: This recipe calls for fermenting the batter overnight, a method that’s VERY healing for those with gut issues. It also gives the crust an extra nutty bite. (via I Quit Sugar)
8. Chickpea Pizza With Herb Pesto: This pan-fried pizza is spread with a homemade herb pesto made of garden-fresh kale and basil, but you don’t have to wait for summer to try it. Substitute whatever greens you have on hand, including frozen spinach, and it will be just as tasty — and just as healthy. (via Vie de la Vegan)
9. Pepita Pesto Socca Pizza: The great thing about pan-fried socca is it requires no kneading or rolling. Just whisk together four ingredients, fire up the skillet, and you’ve got pizza. This recipes calls for a *light* pesto, made with pepitas, that delivers all of the flavor without all the fat. (via Girl Adulting)
10. Tandoori Sweet Potato Socca Pizzas: Hearty little socca rounds are the perfect vehicle for an array of delicious toppings. Serve yours up bar style and let everyone choose their own mix-ins. (via Eat Love Eat)
11. Pear, Brie, Caramelized Onion, and Bacon Socca Pizza With Fig Jam: This savory pizza leaves no taste bud untouched. You’ve got the sweetness of pear and figs tempered with the creaminess of Brie and the savoriness of bacon and caramelized onions. It is, in a word — TASTY! (via MamaGourmand)
12. Socca With Smoked Salmon, Chive Cream Cheese, and Radishes: This smoked salmon and cream cheese socca makes the perfect breakfast pizza. Bookmark this baby as a grain-free option at your next bagels-and-lox brunch. (via A Better Happier St. Sebastian)
13. Socca Pizza With Summer Squash and Feta: Mediterranean toppings like feta and olives seem to bring out the best flavors in a chickpea batter. Put your socca under the broiler and it will get extra crisp on top. (via Cookie and Kate)
14. Barbecue Chickpea Socca Salad Pizza With Vegan Ranch: If you’re still mourning California Pizza Kitchen’s barbecue chicken pizza, this is your jam. (via Loveleaf Co.)
If you HEART finding GF versions of your fave comfort foods, follow us on Pinterest for more.