10 SPF Lip Balms That Protect and Soothe Dry, Chapped Lips
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: No matter the season or the weather outside, sunscreen is an absolute must. While you take the time to slather your face in SPF even in the dead of winter, can you say the same for your lips? Oftentimes we forget that our pouts are one of the most sensitive areas of skin on the body — not to mention one of the first places to show signs of premature aging. As much as you love your go-to nourishing lip balm, if it doesn’t have added sun protection, it’s time to upgrade your daytime formula. Ahead you’ll find 10 creamy balms that range from invisible to berry.
1. eos Active Pink Grapefruit Lip Balm Sphere With SPF 30 ($4): Moisturize and protect your lips with this vitamin E-rich balm that promises up to 80 minutes of sweat-resistant wear.
2. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 ($8): Made with shea butter, avocado oil, and green tea leaf extract, this lightweight balm soothes and protects lips against windburn and harmful UV rays.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 ($24): Coat your pout in a protective layer of moisture and sheer pink tint with this meadowfoam, grapeseed, and black currant seed oil balm.
4. Paula’s Choice Lipscreen SPF 50 ($10): Free of flavor and fragrance, this velvety-smooth, jojoba- and olive oil-infused lip balm packs a powerful hydration punch while protecting against damaging UV rays.
5. CeraVe Healing Lip Balm with SPF 30 ($5): Soothe and protect severely chapped lips with this mixture of hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and vitamin E.
6. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Butterstick Lip Treatment SPF 30 ($20): Formulated with lemon butter, coconut, castor seed, and sunflower seed oils, this antioxidant-rich, berry-tinted lip balm hydrates and protects pouts for up to 12 hours.
7. Pacifica Sun + Lipcare SPF 30 Mineral Color Lip Balm ($5): Flaunt a peach pucker with this water-resistant coconut and shea butter balm. The vegan formula is packed with mineral pigments to deliver a dose of nude color.
8. Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Lip Protectant ($4): Heal and protect dry lips with this soothing concoction of castor seed oil, glycerin, shea butter, and beeswax.
9. Supergoop! Acai Fusion Lip Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($10): Beeswax, candelilla wax, shea butter, sunflower seed oil, and aloe vera mix together to impart a deeply hydrating layer of protection for winter-weathered lips.
10. Sun Bum Coconut Lip Balm with SPF 30 ($4): Take your lip care on a tropical getaway with this vitamin E-rich, aloe-infused cocoa butter balm.
Follow us on Pinterestfor more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.