If there’s a word that deserves a spot in Webster’s Dictionary this year, it’s “spiralize.” Whether you’re watching your carbs or just trying to eat more veggies, spiralizing your salads (and any other dish) makes things way more interesting. You probably already know that zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) are a great replacement for pasta, but the truth is you can also incorporate your spiralized veggies into hundreds of different dishes, including some of your all-time favorites. From pizza to sandwiches to quesadillas, you’ll never have trouble eating enough produce again with these recipes for spiralized comfort foods.
1. Spiralized Sweet Potato Pizza Bake With Turkey Pepperoni: Pizza night will never be the same thanks to this spiralized version. Sweet potatoes take the place of a normal pizza crust and the addition of turkey pepperoni gives an added boost of flavor. (via Inspiralized)
2. Stir Fried Zucchini Noodles: The best thing about a stir fry is how quickly it comes together. It’s even faster when you don’t have to wait for your noodles to boil. Pair this with your favorite protein to make it a complete meal. (via Diet Hood)
3. Almond Butter and Jelly Stuffed Potato Noodle Bun: Spiralized foods can be more than savory; they can be sweet too. This childhood classic gets a gluten-free makeover with noodle buns made from only potatoes and egg whites. No more sad desk lunch here. (via Inspiralized)
4. Spiralized Vegan Ramen Soup With Zucchini Noodles: When you have a ramen craving no other substitute will do. The best part of this recipe is that it’s totally customizable to whatever flavors you might be craving! (via Inspiralized)
5. Sweet Potato Turkey Sandwich: This meal is the healthy version of putting sweet potato fries on your sammy. Smear the sweet potato bun with a caramelized onion hummus for an even bigger flavor explosion. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
6. Butternut Squash Lo Mein: Fall in love with veggies thanks to this healthy spin on classic Lo Mein. Filled with kale, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers, comfort food has never tasted so good or been so good for you. (via Food By Mars)
7. Jerk Shrimp With Crispy Plantain Noodles: You might not be able to go on a tropical getaway but you can eat like you’re on one! These plantain noodles crisp up nicely and become the ultimate bed for the sweet and spicy jerk shrimp. (via Eating Bird Food)
8. Zucchini, Corn and Pesto Flatbreads: Spiralizing veggies is way more fun than chopping veggies! This dish is perfect for a girls’ night in or to enjoy with bae along with a glass of wine on a Friday night. (via Kitchen Confidante)
9. Spicy Sweet Potato Carbonara: A classic spicy pasta dish turns healthy with sweet potato noodles subbed in for pasta. Plus there’s bacon involved and everything is better with bacon. (via Running to the Kitchen)
10. Gluten Free Plantain Rice “Quesadillas”: If you’re looking to stock your freezer with more plant-based recipes, this should be on your radar. Because plantains are so starchy, they can be molded into just about any shape. Stuff these with whatever veggies and protein your heart desires. (via Inspiralized)
11. Spiralized Sweet Potato and Apple Enchiladas: If the core of any comfort food lies in cheesy, melty goodness, this recipe definitely qualifies. This recipe is *way* faster than normal enchiladas because no rolling is involved — just dump everything in your baking dish and you’ll have enchiladas in under an hour. (via Blahnik Baker)
Want even more spiralized recipes? Be sure to check out Brit + Co on Pinterest!