We’re all about cruising the farmers’ market on a warm spring day to get some cooking inspo. All of the colors, flavors, and smells that come along with this season make for some pretty tasty meals. Our main principle in the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan is to eat lean, clean, and green, which means dining on whole, unprocessed, nutritious foods. With the spring produce available, the options for making a delish dinner are seriously limitless! And bonus: They have some pretty incredible perks to help you achieve your fitness goals. Definitely a win-win. Check out our five fave spring goodies and why you should start shopping for them now!
1. Dandelion Greens: These alternative greens have a unique spicy flavor that adds an extra bite to salads. They also have some pretty incredible de-bloating powers by acting as a natural diuretic.
Mix one cup into your normal green salad!
2. Pineapple: This is one of our go-to fruits for post-workout smoothies or just slicing up fresh as a snack. It contains B vitamins, which are important for keeping your energy levels up during your workout routine.
Try our Pineapple Princess smoothie HERE.
3. Asparagus: We always add asparagus to our meals before photoshoots and big events because it’s amazing for de-bloating. And asparagus is fresh and crunchy during the spring!
Try sautéing asparagus with one teaspoon olive oil, crushed garlic, and a squeeze of lemon. YUM!
4. Spinach: Your bod needs iron in order to transport oxygen to your muscles for energy production during a workout. Spinach is packed with iron, but it can be a little bit difficult to absorb. Add a squeeze of lemon to make that iron available to ya!
Add a handful of spinach to our fave Avocado Lentil Salad HERE.
5. Radishes: These salad toppers contain fiber to help keep you satiated and reduce snack attacks. We also love the crunch factor and all the bright colors that radishes add. Hello, Insta-worthy salad pic!!
Try slicing up multi-colored radishes and tossing them in your salad.
Want even more science-backed nutrition advice to help you reach your fitness goals?! Join the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan! It’s packed with thousands of delish recipes made with nothing but the best ingredients!
(Photos via Tone It Up)