St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday, and not just for the boozing — it’s also the perfect opportunity for decorating. We’re not talking about glittery shamrocks and rainbow leprechauns. Leave that stuff for the classroom and embrace chic greens, golds and Celtic patterns around the house instead. Not only does it bring some Irish charm to the place, it’s the perfect palette to transition away from the winter blues and into those bright, happy hues of spring. Here are some quick ways to inject green and gold into your decor for a stylish St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
1. Jonathan Adler Green Parish Duvet Cover ($70+): Break out these mossy Celtic knots for a fresh spring look that will make you want to make the bed in the morning.
2. Green Books Vignette: Gather up all those old copies of Oscar Wilde, W.B. Yeats and James Joyce, plus any other greenish dust jackets, to create a coffee table style suited for the holiday. The more battered, the better. (via Red Leaf Style)
3. Hello There! Doormat ($25): So much better than getting a basic “top of the morning” doormat, especially since you can leave this one out all year round.
5. Clover Leaf Confetti: OMG, we love this idea. Use a shamrock-shaped hole puncher on basil leaves to decorate your dinner, or just sprinkle them around the table for fresh-smelling confetti. (via Food Mayhem)
7. Four-Leaf Clover Napkin: We really are lucky to have stumbled upon this dinner table hack, because believe it or not, no fancy origami skillz are needed to create the clover. (via Parties for Pennies)
8. Fringed Almas Throw ($98): St. Patrick’s Day revelers on their way over and you haven’t put out any decorations? Break out this throw and boom, you’re done.
9. Chain Link Throw Pillow ($125): Pair the green and neon versions — adorned with a small knotted pattern — for that pop of emerald and gold.
10. Pot o’ Gold Wreath: No pot o’ gold required for this unconventional wreath. Just some burlap, shamrocks and fake coins… think we’ll take a miss on the creepy leprechaun figure though ;) (via Cul-de-sac Cool)
11. Newbridge Silverware ($7+): Since you’re going to all that effort of making a traditional Irish meal, you should lay out the fancy silverware from this much-loved Kildare brand.
13. Emerald and Gold Tablescape: We love how festive this spread is without being over the top. Gilded accents, variegated green table runners, fresh flowers and Waterford crystal really bring the feast to life. (via Jasmine Nicole)
What are you doing this year to inject some green and gold into your home? Tell us about your favorite St. Patrick’s Day buys and DIYs in the comments!