St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday, and not just for the boozing — it’s also the perfect opportunity for decorating. But we’re not talking about glittery shamrocks and rainbow leprechauns. Leave that stuff for the classroom and embrace chic greens, golds, and Celtic patterns around the house instead. Not only does it bring some Irish charm to the place; it’s the perfect palette to transition away from the winter blues and into those bright, happy hues of spring. Here are some quick ways to inject green and gold into your decor for a stylish St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
1. Green Books Vignette: Gather up all those old copies of Oscar Wilde, W.B. Yeats, and James Joyce, plus any other greenish dust jackets, to create a coffee table look suited for the holiday. The more battered, the better. (via Red Leaf Style)
3. Clover Leaf Confetti: OMG, we love this idea. Use a shamrock-shaped hole puncher on basil leaves to decorate your dinner, or just sprinkle them around the table for fresh-smelling confetti. (via Food Mayhem)
4. Green Art Prints ($23+): Check out Minted’s huge selection of green prints to decide if you want your wall art to be subtle with something like Forsythia or more on the nose with Giant Muir Woods Clovers.
5. Four-Leaf Clover Napkin: We really are lucky to have stumbled upon this dinner table hack, because believe it or not, no fancy origami skillz are needed to create the clover. (via Parties for Pennies)
6. Newbridge Silverware ($14+): Since you’re going to all that effort of making a traditional Irish meal, you should lay out the fancy silverware from this much-loved Kildare brand.
7. Lots and Lots of House Plants: Bring some of that Emerald Isle loveliness indoors by investing in tons of greenery. (via Design Sponge)
8. Emerald and Gold Tablescape: We love how festive this spread is without being over the top. Gilded accents, variegated green table runners, fresh flowers, and Waterford crystal really bring the feast to life. (via Jasmine Nicole)
9. Painted Patterned Rug: Go all out with a green, white, and orange palette for an Irish flag-inspired theme, or stay understated by using a clover-shaped stencil. (via Brit + Co)
10. IKEA TILLSYN Hourglass ($10): Gold sand in an hourglass adds a touch of glam, and an easy way to jazz up an office desk.
11. Anthropologie Pippa Measuring Cup Set ($28): Making some Irish soda bread? These cups will make you smile as you bake.
12. DIY Gold Shamrock Flower Pot: This project easily transitions to spring decor once the 17th has come and gone, so make a few while you’re at it! (via Handmade in the Heartland)
13. Project 62Gold Candelabra ($20): Hosting an intimate evening with friends calls for lots of candles, so go all-out with this stunning seven-taper candelabra.
14. DOIY Design Saguaro Stacking Glasses ($46, set of six): How pretty will your drinks look in these fun glasses? Bonus: You can pull ’em out again for Cinco de Mayo.
15. DIY Gold Four Leaf Clover Garland: Gold leather and twine has never looked so good. You may be tempted to keep this one up into summer. (via Flax & Twine)
16. Waiting on Martha Home Green Elephant Matches ($18): A small pop of color is an easy way to embrace the season, and these green-tipped matches are a subtle nod to the shamrocks.
17. DIY Giant Golden Shamrock: Take things up a notch with a giant gold four-leaf clover for your living room wall. (via Julep)
18. DIY St. Paddy’s Day Chandelier: Bring some drama to your party space with this upcycled chandelier made from all your crafting essentials. (via The Apple of My DIY)
19. Rifle Paper Co. Peony Wallpaper ($190): Go bold with a statement wall. Start small with your powder room, or make an impact in your bedroom.
20. DIY Copper Speckled Clock: A clock is one of those #adult things you should probably have by now — this one is a festive addition to any decor. (via Enthralling Gumption)
21. DIY Greenery Wall: Talk about super Instagrammable. Your friends will be begging to come over for cocktails and photos. (via The Merrythought)
22. DIY Gold Foil Vase: Invest in some gold foil and dollar store vases, and the resulting beauties will shine now and all year round. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
23. Kate Spade Tassel Pillow ($129): Kelly green and tassels are ALWAYS in style.
Need more green and gold in your life? Follow us on Pinterest for more buys and DIYs!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau)