We’re always on the hunt for the next big micro trend (is that an oxymoron?), and sometimes the most impactful looks are the ones that result from the subtlest details. Case in point: the lace-up trend that is currently dominating the fashion scene. But there’s another trendlet (just made that word up) that’s cropped up on our radar as of late and has made us totally rethink our relationship with the little things in life. We’re talking about the zipper. The everyday fastener has taken on a whole new ‘tude thanks to the likes of circular statement pulls and bold design. While some would argue that minimalism is dead, we’re falling hard for the chic simplicity of this understated detail. Ready to test drive this effortlessly cool look? Scoop up one of the eight show-stopping pieces below.
1. Zara Leather Bluchers With Ring Pull-Tab ($119): These down-to-business bluchers can only be described as #goals. Add a touch of don’t-mess edge to everything from cozy sweaters to pinstriped suits by throwing these stunners into the mix. We don’t want them — we need them.
2. Pixie Market Blue Zip Bomber Jacket ($177): All zipped up and ready to go. Bombers are the outer layer of choice this season, what with their edgy attitude and unparalleled good looks. Up the ante on the urban topper with statement zips that scream downtown cool. Style alongside a turtleneck, laid-back joggers and lace-up boots for an effortless off-duty look.
3. Zara Crossover Skirt With Zip ($30): Bring the femme fatale vibes on your next GNO with this saucy red skirt that is everything. For a flirty feminine feel, team it with a printed bow-neck blouse and a dramatic red pout, or go all-out with a sleek black mock neck and don’t-mess ankle boots.
4. Weekday Crop Wide Leg Pants With Zip Front ($106): Banish blasé work attire from your on-the-job repertoire by adding these zip-front stunners to your arsenal stat. Between business meetings and big-time presentations, they’ll keep you looking polished and fashion-forward no matter what’s on the agenda. Nail day-to-night dressing by styling them alongside a jacquard blazer, silk shell and statement earrings.
5. Zara Top With Zip ($20): Enough with the snoozy plain white tees — inject a punch of fashion-forward appeal into your repertoire with this zippy little number that’s all about the party in the back. Edge it up with a patent mini skirt or go bold with printed trousers and velvet platform kicks for cocktails downtown.
6. New Revival Roebling Ribbed Zipped Off the Shoulder Sweater ($114): The secret to nailing off-duty style? Up the ante on your everyday basics. Case in point: this off-the-shoulder sweater that effortlessly makes high-waisted denim and sneaks feel ferociously fierce. Wear it for Sunday morning shenanigans or when you just can’t even (but still want to snag a few extra double taps).
7. Zara Zipped Midi Dress ($70): When your trusty LBD starts to feel stale, try this sporty stunner on for size. Not only does it play into your lazy-girl sensibilities (just team with sneakers and a bomber jacket), but it can be dressed up on the fly for post-work cocktails with sassy stilettos and a shimmery smokey eye.
8. Pixie Market Brown Leather Ring Circle Zip Skirt ($95): Fact: An Insta-worthy mini skirt is an essential for every It girl’s off-the-clock ensemble. And just how fab would this leather stunner look with a chic blouse and embroidered boots? Wear it for dinner and drinks with your new beau, or play it casual with a chunky knit and retro hoops for a bit of boutique hopping.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.