Is all black err’ thang your go-to uniform? You’re not alone. Forgoing that signature style for a summer print or an LWD just isn’t you, so why try? But by paying attention to textures and hemlines, you can still sport your warm-weather look without compromising street style appeal. Follow in the fashionable footsteps of these Instababes with 10 ways to rock black this summer.
1. Black Gel Mani: Who needs a floral mani when a shiny black coat of polish can complement your minimalist ways? Complete your #LOTD with coordinating black patent flats for a shot that’ll score you all the double-taps.
2. Monochromatic Jumpsuit: A black on black statement piece, like an office-approved jumpsuit, will keep you polished and professional all season long.
3. Black Culottes + Statement Top: On-the-go fashionistas love themselves a pair of black culottes, especially when accessorized with stacks of gold jewelry, a trendy clutch, and this season’s ruffled sleeves.
4. Little Black Dress: Minimalists have mastered the art of wearing the above-the-knee LBD, with streamlined, black accessories, year-round.
5. A-Line Skirt + Camisole: Reach for your city-girl staples, AKA a high-waisted skirt and silky black cami. Remember, the structure of an A-line hem leaves your stems with room to breathe on warm summer evenings, so you can bid adieu to body-con styles to stay cool.
6. High-Waisted Pants + Crop Top: High-waisted, wide-legged pants are fashion’s comfiest trouser for long summer days. Boho-babes can pair ’em with a crop-top, metal-rimmed sunnies, and a paisley headscarf for #winning, sweat-proof style.
7. Black Monokini: The black one-piece swimsuit doesn’t just look amazing by the pool — it also pulls double duty as the perfect bodysuit for high-rise bottoms. After a sandy frolic or a day spent reclining on a float, throw on a pair of cutoffs for a bangin’ warm-weather look.
8. Sunhat: You can’t go wrong with a floppy summertime sun hat, but be sure to upgrade your everyday topper via an ultra-fashionable black option that adds some much-needed extra edge.
9. Black Crop-Top: Whether you go for a simple bandeau or a strappier version, a black crop-top was made for ’90s-era denim.
10. Black Mini + Gingham: This is officially the summer of gingham. To keep your look more street style-approved than sweet, pair the print with a plain white tee and grunge-inspired black Converse.
Want more #OOTD-inspo for wearing black in the summer? Follow us on Pinterest!