15 Outfits for Your Stylish Tot to Wear on Take Your Kid to Work Day
You’ve already made a mental note of labels that design fashion for kids and double tapped tons of cute kids’ fashion on Instagram. Now, with Take Your Kid to Work Day coming up (April 28), it’s time to turn all of your hipster baby research into action. That’s right, taking your kid to the office is the perfect excuse to update their wardrobe with spring 2016 fashion trends. These 15 hipster chic outfits will have your stylish tot stealing the heart of the office before noon.
1. Duchess and Lion Clementine Block Tank ($38): Color blocking, spring hues and a breathable fabric combine to make this outfit a sure win for your little one this spring.
2. Wunway Darinie Dress ($67): Cue the awwws. This Pantone color of the year inspired getup is the perfect modest outfit for maximum office style.
3. Little Bow and Arrow Shop Organic Mountain Twirl Dress ($56): Calling all mini fashionistas! These down to earth prints (we’re obsessed with the mountain design) pair great with booties and an oversized hat.
4. Kira Kids Dude Graphic Tee ($39): Manufactured in sunny LA, this adorable mint green tee is casual style at its finest. Pair with some cool kicks and a trendy haircut for maximum kiddo cool.
5. Duchess and Lion the Main Street Drop Waist ($98): A half top bun, quirky sunglasses and a beautifully bold twirl dress? Consider us sold.
6. Zara Leather Effect Jacket ($66): Give your mini-me impeccable style with this stunning camel leather jacket. Not only does it complement a casual tee, it also pairs beautifully with a cute bow tie and dress shirt.
7. Dot Dot Smile B&W Sketch Dress ($35): Finding the perfect office-appropriate dress can be a pain, but this stellar number from cutesy brand Dot Dot Smile will make your hunt a breeze. Bonus points for pairing it with an adorable flower headband.
8. Wunway Girls Faux Fur Eclain Coat ($152): A great statement jacket can make even the most blah outfits feel amazing. Try this fuzzy overcoat for an easy style staple that your tot will love to wear.
9. Thief and Bandit Kids Loose Pant With Pockets in Ochre Pale Pink ($40): Handmade in Halifax, maker Amie Cunningham is bringing hipster style to kiddos across the globe. Match this bold printed pant with a neutral top and statement jewelry for a trendy office-appropriate look.
10. June and January Swing Dress ($27): Remember the good ol’ days of twirl dresses? Well, in this stunner from June and January, your little lady can twirl to her heart’s content while looking fresh and fierce on the job.
11. House of Mia Organic Cotton Striped Cuffed Leggings in Mint ($34): This Instagram-approved tot is making us wish this stylish brand catered to grown-ups too. This springy legging and a classic jean shirt ensemble is completely tied together with a statement beanie.
12. H&M Patterned Joggers ($10): Baggy joggers are the perfect stylish statement piece for your tot. Not only are they super trendy right now, but they are also extra comfy to wear during their first eight-hour grind.
13. Hatch Kindergarten Pullover Fleece Sweatshirt ($32): Every #lazygirl knows that sometimes an oversized sweatshirt from our alma mater is exactly the kind of comfort we need during a long day of work. This modern take on a classic style is totally swag and perfect for a chilly spring morning.
14. H&M Ankle Length Treggings ($15): Pastel and prints go hand in hand, especially in this wonderfully affordable springtime must.
15. House of Mia Organic Cotton Signature Black Heart Cuffed Leggings ($34): With a graphic bottom, classic top and a pop of color to keep things interesting, this outfit might just make you break out your own heart leggings in the office.
What’s your kiddo wearing to the office on Take Your Kid to Work Day? Share your pics with us on Instagram by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.