15 Outfits for Your Stylish Tot to Wear on Take Your Kid to Work Day
You’ve already made a mental note of labels that design fashion for kids and double tapped tons of cute kids’ fashion on Instagram. Now, with Take Your Kid to Work Day coming up (April 28), it’s time to turn all of your hipster baby research into action. That’s right, taking your kid to the office is the perfect excuse to update their wardrobe with spring 2016 fashion trends. These 15 hipster chic outfits will have your stylish tot stealing the heart of the office before noon.
1. Duchess and Lion Clementine Block Tank ($38): Color blocking, spring hues and a breathable fabric combine to make this outfit a sure win for your little one this spring.
2. Wunway Darinie Dress ($67): Cue the awwws. This Pantone color of the year inspired getup is the perfect modest outfit for maximum office style.
3. Little Bow and Arrow Shop Organic Mountain Twirl Dress ($56): Calling all mini fashionistas! These down to earth prints (we’re obsessed with the mountain design) pair great with booties and an oversized hat.
4. Kira Kids Dude Graphic Tee ($39): Manufactured in sunny LA, this adorable mint green tee is casual style at its finest. Pair with some cool kicks and a trendy haircut for maximum kiddo cool.
5. Duchess and Lion the Main Street Drop Waist ($98): A half top bun, quirky sunglasses and a beautifully bold twirl dress? Consider us sold.
6. Zara Leather Effect Jacket ($66): Give your mini-me impeccable style with this stunning camel leather jacket. Not only does it complement a casual tee, it also pairs beautifully with a cute bow tie and dress shirt.
7. Dot Dot Smile B&W Sketch Dress ($35): Finding the perfect office-appropriate dress can be a pain, but this stellar number from cutesy brand Dot Dot Smile will make your hunt a breeze. Bonus points for pairing it with an adorable flower headband.
8. Wunway Girls Faux Fur Eclain Coat ($152): A great statement jacket can make even the most blah outfits feel amazing. Try this fuzzy overcoat for an easy style staple that your tot will love to wear.
9. Thief and Bandit Kids Loose Pant With Pockets in Ochre Pale Pink ($40): Handmade in Halifax, maker Amie Cunningham is bringing hipster style to kiddos across the globe. Match this bold printed pant with a neutral top and statement jewelry for a trendy office-appropriate look.
10. June and January Swing Dress ($27): Remember the good ol’ days of twirl dresses? Well, in this stunner from June and January, your little lady can twirl to her heart’s content while looking fresh and fierce on the job.
11. House of Mia Organic Cotton Striped Cuffed Leggings in Mint ($34): This Instagram-approved tot is making us wish this stylish brand catered to grown-ups too. This springy legging and a classic jean shirt ensemble is completely tied together with a statement beanie.
12. H&M Patterned Joggers ($10): Baggy joggers are the perfect stylish statement piece for your tot. Not only are they super trendy right now, but they are also extra comfy to wear during their first eight-hour grind.
13. Hatch Kindergarten Pullover Fleece Sweatshirt ($32): Every #lazygirl knows that sometimes an oversized sweatshirt from our alma mater is exactly the kind of comfort we need during a long day of work. This modern take on a classic style is totally swag and perfect for a chilly spring morning.
14. H&M Ankle Length Treggings ($15): Pastel and prints go hand in hand, especially in this wonderfully affordable springtime must.
15. House of Mia Organic Cotton Signature Black Heart Cuffed Leggings ($34): With a graphic bottom, classic top and a pop of color to keep things interesting, this outfit might just make you break out your own heart leggings in the office.
What’s your kiddo wearing to the office on Take Your Kid to Work Day? Share your pics with us on Instagram by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!