15 Outfits for Your Stylish Tot to Wear on Take Your Kid to Work Day
You’ve already made a mental note of labels that design fashion for kids and double tapped tons of cute kids’ fashion on Instagram. Now, with Take Your Kid to Work Day coming up (April 28), it’s time to turn all of your hipster baby research into action. That’s right, taking your kid to the office is the perfect excuse to update their wardrobe with spring 2016 fashion trends. These 15 hipster chic outfits will have your stylish tot stealing the heart of the office before noon.
1. Duchess and Lion Clementine Block Tank ($38): Color blocking, spring hues and a breathable fabric combine to make this outfit a sure win for your little one this spring.
2. Wunway Darinie Dress ($67): Cue the awwws. This Pantone color of the year inspired getup is the perfect modest outfit for maximum office style.
3. Little Bow and Arrow Shop Organic Mountain Twirl Dress ($56): Calling all mini fashionistas! These down to earth prints (we’re obsessed with the mountain design) pair great with booties and an oversized hat.
4. Kira Kids Dude Graphic Tee ($39): Manufactured in sunny LA, this adorable mint green tee is casual style at its finest. Pair with some cool kicks and a trendy haircut for maximum kiddo cool.
5. Duchess and Lion the Main Street Drop Waist ($98): A half top bun, quirky sunglasses and a beautifully bold twirl dress? Consider us sold.
6. Zara Leather Effect Jacket ($66): Give your mini-me impeccable style with this stunning camel leather jacket. Not only does it complement a casual tee, it also pairs beautifully with a cute bow tie and dress shirt.
7. Dot Dot Smile B&W Sketch Dress ($35): Finding the perfect office-appropriate dress can be a pain, but this stellar number from cutesy brand Dot Dot Smile will make your hunt a breeze. Bonus points for pairing it with an adorable flower headband.
8. Wunway Girls Faux Fur Eclain Coat ($152): A great statement jacket can make even the most blah outfits feel amazing. Try this fuzzy overcoat for an easy style staple that your tot will love to wear.
9. Thief and Bandit Kids Loose Pant With Pockets in Ochre Pale Pink ($40): Handmade in Halifax, maker Amie Cunningham is bringing hipster style to kiddos across the globe. Match this bold printed pant with a neutral top and statement jewelry for a trendy office-appropriate look.
10. June and January Swing Dress ($27): Remember the good ol’ days of twirl dresses? Well, in this stunner from June and January, your little lady can twirl to her heart’s content while looking fresh and fierce on the job.
11. House of Mia Organic Cotton Striped Cuffed Leggings in Mint ($34): This Instagram-approved tot is making us wish this stylish brand catered to grown-ups too. This springy legging and a classic jean shirt ensemble is completely tied together with a statement beanie.
12. H&M Patterned Joggers ($10): Baggy joggers are the perfect stylish statement piece for your tot. Not only are they super trendy right now, but they are also extra comfy to wear during their first eight-hour grind.
13. Hatch Kindergarten Pullover Fleece Sweatshirt ($32): Every #lazygirl knows that sometimes an oversized sweatshirt from our alma mater is exactly the kind of comfort we need during a long day of work. This modern take on a classic style is totally swag and perfect for a chilly spring morning.
14. H&M Ankle Length Treggings ($15): Pastel and prints go hand in hand, especially in this wonderfully affordable springtime must.
15. House of Mia Organic Cotton Signature Black Heart Cuffed Leggings ($34): With a graphic bottom, classic top and a pop of color to keep things interesting, this outfit might just make you break out your own heart leggings in the office.
What’s your kiddo wearing to the office on Take Your Kid to Work Day? Share your pics with us on Instagram by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)