15 Outfits for Your Stylish Tot to Wear on Take Your Kid to Work Day
You’ve already made a mental note of labels that design fashion for kids and double tapped tons of cute kids’ fashion on Instagram. Now, with Take Your Kid to Work Day coming up (April 28), it’s time to turn all of your hipster baby research into action. That’s right, taking your kid to the office is the perfect excuse to update their wardrobe with spring 2016 fashion trends. These 15 hipster chic outfits will have your stylish tot stealing the heart of the office before noon.
1. Duchess and Lion Clementine Block Tank ($38): Color blocking, spring hues and a breathable fabric combine to make this outfit a sure win for your little one this spring.
2. Wunway Darinie Dress ($67): Cue the awwws. This Pantone color of the year inspired getup is the perfect modest outfit for maximum office style.
3. Little Bow and Arrow Shop Organic Mountain Twirl Dress ($56): Calling all mini fashionistas! These down to earth prints (we’re obsessed with the mountain design) pair great with booties and an oversized hat.
4. Kira Kids Dude Graphic Tee ($39): Manufactured in sunny LA, this adorable mint green tee is casual style at its finest. Pair with some cool kicks and a trendy haircut for maximum kiddo cool.
5. Duchess and Lion the Main Street Drop Waist ($98): A half top bun, quirky sunglasses and a beautifully bold twirl dress? Consider us sold.
6. Zara Leather Effect Jacket ($66): Give your mini-me impeccable style with this stunning camel leather jacket. Not only does it complement a casual tee, it also pairs beautifully with a cute bow tie and dress shirt.
7. Dot Dot Smile B&W Sketch Dress ($35): Finding the perfect office-appropriate dress can be a pain, but this stellar number from cutesy brand Dot Dot Smile will make your hunt a breeze. Bonus points for pairing it with an adorable flower headband.
8. Wunway Girls Faux Fur Eclain Coat ($152): A great statement jacket can make even the most blah outfits feel amazing. Try this fuzzy overcoat for an easy style staple that your tot will love to wear.
9. Thief and Bandit Kids Loose Pant With Pockets in Ochre Pale Pink ($40): Handmade in Halifax, maker Amie Cunningham is bringing hipster style to kiddos across the globe. Match this bold printed pant with a neutral top and statement jewelry for a trendy office-appropriate look.
10. June and January Swing Dress ($27): Remember the good ol’ days of twirl dresses? Well, in this stunner from June and January, your little lady can twirl to her heart’s content while looking fresh and fierce on the job.
11. House of Mia Organic Cotton Striped Cuffed Leggings in Mint ($34): This Instagram-approved tot is making us wish this stylish brand catered to grown-ups too. This springy legging and a classic jean shirt ensemble is completely tied together with a statement beanie.
12. H&M Patterned Joggers ($10): Baggy joggers are the perfect stylish statement piece for your tot. Not only are they super trendy right now, but they are also extra comfy to wear during their first eight-hour grind.
13. Hatch Kindergarten Pullover Fleece Sweatshirt ($32): Every #lazygirl knows that sometimes an oversized sweatshirt from our alma mater is exactly the kind of comfort we need during a long day of work. This modern take on a classic style is totally swag and perfect for a chilly spring morning.
14. H&M Ankle Length Treggings ($15): Pastel and prints go hand in hand, especially in this wonderfully affordable springtime must.
15. House of Mia Organic Cotton Signature Black Heart Cuffed Leggings ($34): With a graphic bottom, classic top and a pop of color to keep things interesting, this outfit might just make you break out your own heart leggings in the office.
What’s your kiddo wearing to the office on Take Your Kid to Work Day? Share your pics with us on Instagram by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.