To say you have a lot on your plate this summer would be an understatement: leisurely picnics in the park that go straight until sundown, summer concert series with all your favorite bands and, of course, some serious beach bummin’. And those warm-weather adventures just wouldn’t feel right in anything but an arsenal of right-now duds that go beyond everyday basics — think: shoulder-baring tops, cropped flares, open-toed kicks and punches of playful color.
Before you break the bank (or a sweat) to get your summer uniform into gear, check out the list below. We’ve curated 20 summer style essentials — clothing, accessories and shoes — under $100 that are 100% #OOTD-approved. Consider it your one-stop-shop for the season.
1. Mango Soft Denim Dress ($80): When your tried-and-true jean skirt starts to lose its luster, shake up your off-duty routine with this layered denim dress that will do you proud. Teamed with studded block heel sandals and a quirky crossbody bag, it’ll feel right on cue for boardwalk strolls and leisurely lunches with waterfront views.
2. Reformation Tomato Top ($78): Don’t even think about letting summer come and go without adding an off-the-shoulder top to your capsule wardrobe. You can count on this flirty blouse to see you through every sizzling summer moment, whether it’s sipping margaritas on the bar patio in lace-up booties and high-waisted shorts, impressing the in-laws with a lace pencil skirt and bright block heels or kickin’ back at a barbecue with cropped flares and huarache sandals.
3. Madewell Bridget Lace Up Gladiator Sandals ($98): These Insta-worthy sandals combine two of our fave summer trends: laces and suede. Turn a linen romper or distressed denim shorts into bonafide scene-stealers by throwing these steppers into the mix.
4. Free People Sugar and Spice Ruffle Tank ($78): Frilly tops are taking the fashion world by storm, and we can totally see why — paired with denim (and just about everything else in your wardrobe), they make for an #OOTD that is straight-up flawless. Here, the It item comes with a few seasonal adjustments, like a sleeveless silhouette and plunge neckline, that will feel right at home with cutoffs and crossover slides.
5. Mango Geometric Clutch ($80): For summer nights (and days) that are just too hot to handle, ditch that trusty tote or crossbody for a vibrant clutch with modern appeal that you can carry with your LWD on date night or team with denim shortalls and pool slingbacks for an afternoon of errand running.
6. H&M Patterned Dress ($35): Every girl needs that one throw-on-and-go dress that manages to make Monday mornings and every save-the-date on the agenda feel like an effortless exercise, like this swingy floral number. Take it along to the office with metallic oxfords and a neat topknot, then bling it out with a dainty choker and ankle-strap flatforms for a night-out look with a touch of ‘90s flair.
7. Express Diagonal Stripe Strappy Tie-Back Romper ($70): Fit-for-the-beach coverup or new fave GNO outfit — you get to decide. After a lazy afternoon chillin’ by the pool, slip into embellished slides and a structured kimono for a wild night of al fresco dining and dancing.
8. Free People BTW Bodysuit ($48): Retire your go-to t-shirt for summer and embrace this backless bodysuit that will look killer with A-line skirts and high-waisted shorts alike.
9. Out from Under Plunging Halter One-Piece Swimsuit ($72): You’re all about making the most out of your wardrobe, so best believe this show-stopping swimsuit will be making appearances beyond the pool on your epic vacay. Give it new life IRL, styling it alongside high-waisted jeans and espadrille wedges for weekend brunch.
10. Loft Flare Crop Jeans ($70): Shorts reign supreme when warm weather rolls around, but these It girl-approved cropped flares will have you saying “cutoffs who?” Wear ‘em with a slinky silk cami and bright suede mules for an effortless head-to-toe look that’s perfect for day or night.
11. Everlane The Slide Sandal ($98): Minimalists, rejoice! Pared-down slides are the ultimate piece de resistance this summer, which is good news for both your wallet and your feet. The wear-anywhere kicks look fly with everything in your wardrobe, plus their low-lying profile is just what your pieds need after a long night pounding the pavement in sky-high pumps.
12. Bebe Beaded Tassel Earrings ($24): There’s a time and a place for minimalist hoops, but the dance floor isn’t one of them. Go all out on your next night out by tossing these tassel-tastic stunners on with a patch denim dress and shimmery sandals.
13. Ecote Caterina Crochet Halter Top ($49): Okay, so crochet isn’t the only way to do festival dressing, but a piece this cute is just too good to pass up. Between the open back and funky florals, the free-spirited factor is so there. Round sunnies and a half topknot are obligatory.
14. ASOS Bomber With Sparkly Tipping ($49): This shimmery outer layer is major #goals. When your average trench is starting to feel meh, toss this bomber on top of an easy t-shirt dress or boyfriend jeans for an ah-mazing athleisure look that’s guaranteed to pull in mad double taps.
15. Urban Outfitters Wilma Half-Frame Cat-Eye Sunglasses ($18): Cocktail hour on the veranda, garden weddings and laid-back beach days call for a pair of shades with major panache, and these retro sunnies will definitely deliver. Their throwback appeal would be the perfect complement to a classic fit-and-flare dress, or for a cool contrast of old- and new-school styles, pop ‘em on with a graphic midi and ultra modern mules.
16. Free People Carmel Straw Hat ($48): We love pieces that are as functional as they are fashionable, and this topper is no exception. Beyond keeping the sun out of your eyes, it’ll keep gnarly festival hair in check when the dry shampoo just isn’t cutting it anymore. Try this straw hat on for size alongside a free-wheelin’ maxi dress and gladiator sandals for a festival-ready look any fashion darling would swoon over.
17. Loft Hacienda Jumpsuit ($90): When doesn’t a jumpsuit come in handy? From the boardroom to a rooftop soiree, this is the piece you’ll be reaching for time and time again. Take it along to the Sunday morning farmers’ market with an embroidered canvas bag and bright espadrilles, then dress it up with dazzling drop earrings and tassel pumps for dinner with bae.
18. Aritzia Vintage Cuffed Short ($60): A trusty pair of vintage denim shorts can do no wrong, and these bleached beauties are proof. Play it safe with a mock neck tank and babouche flats, or take it there with a satin bomber jacket and embellished block heels.
19. BucketFeet Flamingo Slip on Sneakers ($74): Whether you’re dressed in tailored trousers or lazy girl-approved joggers, a pair of slip-on sneakers will add an instant edge of effortless chic to any outfit. And those flamingoes? Obsessed.
20. Free People Oceans Light Choker ($28): Even T-Swift has given her seal of approval to this ’90s style staple, so if you haven’t yet hopped aboard the choker bandwagon, there’s no better time than the here and now. For extra style cred, go full-on neck party.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.