SPF and a sick pair of shades are summertime essentials, sure, but keeping cool when the mercury starts to rise calls for an accessory that offers even more protection. Enter the ever-iconic sunhat. Grandma has been a longtime fan, but we’re not suggesting you settle on a bucket equipped with an adjustable strap (oh, the horror!). Reach for one of these 11 showstopping toppers that’ll do your #OOTD proud. Throwing shade never looked so good.
1. Eric Javits Mondo Woven Cap ($140): With the ability to withstand a packed suitcase, this red hot woven cap should be at the top of your vacay must-pack list. Teamed with high-waisted cutoffs and a simple white tee, it’s the key to an effortless summertime ensemble.
2. J.Crew Straw Hat With Rainbow Pom-Poms ($50): The traditional straw hat gets a major upgrade for 2017 with technicolor braided trim and playful pom-poms that are guaranteed to chase away any hint of summertime sadness. Pop it on for a stint in the sand or bust it out for an upcoming backyard bash.
3. American Needle Ballpark Variant California Baseball Hat ($29): Even if baseball isn’t your sport, this low-key cap will ensure your off-duty ensemble hits it out of the park.
4. G. Viteri Cactus Boater Hat ($128): A fair-trade topper with a serious punch of panache? Sign us up!
5. Mango Bicolor Straw Hat ($26): A trip to Positano might be off the table, but don’t let FOMO get you down. This fringe-flecked straw hat will make you feel as though you’ve been whisked off to the pebble-strewn beaches of the Amalfi Coast.
6. Free People Ziggy Straw Baseball Hat ($20): Trucker hats are back — and in a big way. But don’t expect that Von Dutch number to cut it this time around. Rainbow bright chevron print puts a whole new twist on this Ashton Kutcher-approved cap for a look that screams beach chic.
7. Zara Large Striped Floppy Hat ($26): Babe alert! Be it high tea, a First Friday Art Walk, or a picnic in the park, a wide brim beauty like this needs to be in your lineup. Layered over windblown locks and an ethereal frock, it’s practically the epitome of summer #OOTD goals.
8. COS Soft Cap With Back Tie ($39): The solution to most of life’s problems (we wish!)? Put a bow on it. Or at least that’s what you’ll be saying once you snag this snazzy embellished add-on. Tees and jeans will never be the same.
9. Communitie Cooked Straw ($60): Hey there, good lookin’. Sass up your prized two-piece with this delightfully oversized sun hat that strikes the perfect balance between understated and OTT.
10. Nannacay for J.Crew Tululu Hat ($120): From a summer concert series to your BFF’s bachelorette bash, you can count on this stunner’s pom-pom-trimmed tassels to steal the spotlight.
11. Topshop Floral Embroidered Cap ($30): How to survive a sweltering summer day? We’ll give you a hint. Toss this embroidered bad boy on with a showstopping one-piece and high-waisted cutoffs FTW.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.