20 Fab Hairstyles for Every Summer Occasion
When summertime hits, we all have thoughts of lobbing off our long locks to beat the heat. All that hair can get pretty hard to deal with when you’re picnicking under the sun and hosting al fresco dinner parties, so it’s only natural that we’d envy those who can pull off a pixie cut or a bold bob. But don’t stress or fret, because there are some seriously simple and chic hairdo solutions for every summer occasion on your calendar. Check out these 20 hairstyles that will amp up your style, keep you cool and look super fab all season long.
4. Rolled Updo: If you own a headband, then you can achieve this look with a simple roll and tuck. With some dry shampoo and a little bit of teasing, this could even be your new go-to ‘do for second day hair. (via Hair Romance)
5. Fancy Half Up: Every girl has a cup or container full of bobby pins in some random drawer or bag, but you’ll only need a few for this hairstyle. This look is ideal for a summer wedding or fancy date. (via Twist Me Pretty)
9. Twist Donut Bun: Sometimes buns can be difficult to pull off without looking like a sinister school teacher. But this easygoing updo incorporates a little extra flair that’s guaranteed to be a hit. (via Join The Mood)
11. Braided Topknot: Don’t let the heat keep you from creating beautiful hairdos. Topknots are a perfect solution for getting all of your hair up and off your neck so you can feel breezy and cool. (via Twist Me Pretty)
18. Scarves: Put some of those colorful scarves in your closet to work. Adding some fabric to a bun or ponytail can create an effortless look that’s great for a day of boating or bookstore shopping. (via The Shine Project)
What is your go-to summer hairstyle? Do you go for short or long hair during the hot months? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below or on Twitter.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.