There’s a lot to love about winter, guys — think about all the skiing, sledding and cozying up by the fire with your boo to be had. Then there are the not-so-fun parts, like the whole dark at 4pm thing, shoveling snow and dealing with pale, dry winter skin all season long. Ugh. The good news is that healthy-looking skin during the colder months is possible, swearsies. The key is just to switch out some of your go-to products for frost-friendly editions. Scroll below for five new products to swap into your beauty routine when the temps start to drop.
1. Hand Cream Instead of Hand Lotion: Capri Blue Mini Hand Cream ($12): The usual hand lotion you get from the bargain bin at the drugstore isn’t going to cut it come December. Removing your gloves to text or grab that latte means your hands are constantly exposed to the elements, leading to cracks and dryness — ouch. Apply a super luxe hand cream several times a day to smooth things over until spring. Bonus points if you find one with a coconut oil base that also will remind you of the beach.
2. Cream Cleanser Instead of Foam Cleanser Face Wash: Origins Pure Cream Cleanser ($22): Switch out your go-to face wash for a cream cleanser in the winter. There’s no rinsing required, so you won’t strip your skin — that can cause more dryness, and no one needs that :) You’ll love the soft, hydrated feeling too.
3. Body Oil Instead of Post-Shower Lotion: Neutrogena Body Oil ($11): Those hot showers you love so much can be really drying for your skin, unfortunately. A few times a week, try applying body oil to damp skin instead of your everyday lotion. Look for an absorbing formula that won’t leave you feeling greasy.
4. Body Cream Instead of Lightweight Moisturizer: Kiehl’s Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter ($48): Are you sensing a theme here? Creamy = dreamy when it comes to winter skincare. Your lightweight moisturizer is fine for the warmer months, but treat yourself to a thicker, luxe body cream during winter. Look for ingredients like shea butter and jojoba oil to get the soft and hydrated skin you’re after.
5. Body Polish Instead of Body Scrub: Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Polish ($17): It’s super important to use a scrub to flake away dry skin during the colder seasons. Unfortunately, if your scrub is too harsh, it can leave your skin red and irritated. Instead, go for a gentler, hydrating polish with ingredients like almond and grapeseed oil FTW.
Looking for more smart skin swaps? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.