11 Swimsuit Cover-Up Options That Work On and Off the Beach
When it comes down to the most flattering and slay-worthy swimsuits for summer, you probably think you have it all figured out. Reversible? Check. Ballerina-inspired? Double check. Beach cover-ups, my friends, are just as important. This season, retailers got it right with swimsuit cover-ups and makeshift options that work from the pool to brunch. Scroll down for 11 items that can pull double-duty in your closet with or without a swimsuit.
1. Free People Hot Tropics Maxi Skirt ($128): BRB, we’ll be channeling island time until further notice, all thanks to this hibiscus-printed maxi that takes the title of beach goddess to new heights. For a little R&R by the pool, rock this piece de resistance with a sultry tie-front bikini top or a sleek one-piece.
2. Mara Hoffman Beach Pant ($185): Poppy red high-waisted beach pants that are every bit as effortless as they are yachting party-ready? Right this way. Slip these free-wheelin’ bottoms over a one-piece-turned-bodysuit-in-disguise or team alongside a sporty high-necked suit for maximum impact.
3. Madewell Silk Pajama Shirt in Zebra Print ($118): Tie this silk pajama-style shirt over a bikini for a little je ne sais quoi quality, or let it hang open post-swim. When freaking zebras and palms are in the equation, how can you not?
4. Rebecca Minkoff Venice Hoodie ($128): Chilly nights by the bonfire call for this snuggly baja striped hoodie that can be popped over a string bikini and cutoffs without hesitation.
5. Topshop Moto Gingham Pinafore Dress ($75): Need a way around the whole “no shoes, no shirt, no service” policy? You’re looking at it. Toss this gingham pinafore dress over a bikini and some pool slides for no shortage of off-duty slayage.
6. Express Embroidered Cinched Waist Poncho ($50): Ditch the fussy separates for this easy-breezy embroidered poncho that’s been pre-approved for an upcoming Bahamas getaway.
7. Wildfox Sand in My Shoes Sunny Morning Crew ($77): Sun, sand, sunscreen, but what’s missing? Ah yes, a drapey jersey tee that requires minimal effort once the sun goes down. We’re even partial to the sand castle hue.
8. Mango Striped Scarf ($40): Work some fashion magic by turning this unassuming striped scarf into a carefree sarong. Can you say MDW-ready?
9. Esprit by Opening Ceremony Floral Stripes Cropped Denim Jacket ($250): From a pick-up game of beach volleyball to evening strolls along the boardwalk, this ditsy floral printed denim jacket can (and will) tackle it all. A vintage tee, retro high-waisted bikini bottoms, and Chuck Taylors are absolutely in order.
10. Zara Oversized Shirt With Printed Pocket Maui and Sons ($50): Usher in a DGAF ‘tude with this oversized Maui and Sons shirt that’s better than borrowed-from-the-boys. Layer it over anything/everything for a surf shack-inspired lewk.
11. Reformation Russo Dress ($178): Do less. This ceaselessly chic ankle-length linen dress from Reformation will have you living your best life. Three words: Bow down beaches.
What are your go-to beach essentials? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer styling tips!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.