Taylor Schilling’s Hysterical Shopping Hack + 7 More Celeb DIYs
Instagram has been making some big changes to the video section of its platform (’cause forget trying to cram all our best candid moments into a 15-second window), and boy, are we glad they did — how ELSE are we supposed to watch our favorite stars showing off their best DIY skillz? Kristin Chenoweth is taking full advantage of the new features, for one, as is Courtney Sixx, and we’re loving every second of the results. That’s not to say a good ‘ole still shot can’t get the job done, though — check out Taylor Schilling’s amazing new wallet (+ SEVEN more rad celeb DIYs) below!
1. Taylor Schilling: The OITNB star proves you don’t need to spend a mint on your accessories to own, uh, “designer” things. Here, she proudly showcases a brand spanking new DIY wallet — aka a plastic baggie marked “Dior.” Dying. (via @tayjschilling)
3. Kristin Chenoweth: Kristin Chenoweth cracks us up with this hilarious two-part Insta video, showing you step by step how she makes a salad: “Get that crap all in there,” she says. Forget the shorts — when is this becoming a series? We want more, chef Kristin! (via @kchenoweth)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jennie 💛 (@jenniegarth) on
4. Jennie Garth: The former 90210 actress wishes us all a happy Friday, saying “I wish you could smell these homegrown beauties.” Us too, Jennie! Us too. (via @jenniegarth)
5. Hilary Duff: Hil lets us in on her home life with this sweet snap entitled: “#RealRealLife moment…always <3 making a homecooked meal (with a little help from Campbell’s!) #ad” (via @hilaryduff)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn) on
6. Olivia Munn: Olivia Munn is stoked to show off these slippers knit for her: There’s just one teensy, tiny problem. “I guess she doesn’t know that I [unbound] my feet six years ago,” she teases. *lolz* It’s the thought that counts? (via @oliviamunn)
7. Khloe Kardashian: Aunt Koko doesn’t mess around when it comes to her babysitting duties. Check out this spread she set up for her nieces and nephews! (via @khloekardashian)
8. Courtney Sixx: It’s no secret that Courtney Sixx has a bit of a green thumb when it comes to flowers. Here, she shows us all how to make an average rose into an exceptional one by simply pulling back its petals a bit — if you can see past that glaring bling on her ring finger, that is! Yowza! (via @how2girl)
Will you try any of the DIY hacks above? Let us know over @BritandCo!
Featured photo by Dave Kotinski/Getty
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)