18 Best Father’s Day Gifts for a Tech-Savvy Dad
This is it. This is finally the year you impress Dad with a Father’s Day gift he’ll actually love and use. Sure that tie or grilling set has served him well in the past, but these tech gifts below are so unique and trendy, they’ll pretty much grant you “best child ever” status from the moment they’re opened. A self yard watering gadget and a temperature controlled pillow set? You really can’t do better than that. Scroll below to see the rest of these most-wished-for gift ideas.
1. Tile Sport Key Finder ($35): He’s constantly losing his most important accessories. So secure this tile to them and sync it with his phone so he’ll get a “ping” whenever they slip outta sight. Bonus: The “sport” version reaches twice as far as the original for those extra-forgetful days.
2. Sony Portable Throw Projector ($1,000): He loves home vids more than anything. So this handy gadget will allow him to put them on display from the convenience of his smartphone, laptop, or cable box. *Cue all of those adorable films of baby you.*
3. Sony LED Bulb Speaker ($240): Now he can listen to all of his favorite hits with the switch of a light (yes, you heard that right). This speaker bulb wirelessly delivers music to his room straight from the socket for his easiest listening yet.
4. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver ($350): Help him say goodbye to all his scruff. This high-tech shaver is a step above his standard razor with three shave settings, a digital interface, and wet or dry usage options. After one try, he’ll wonder why he never splurged on a nice electric one sooner.
5. Scotts Gro Smart 7 Zone Sprinkler/Irrigation Controller ($149): Taking care of the yard is his pastime, and this easy-to-install remote watering tool will quickly become his second in command. All he needs to do is set up the device, download the app, and connect it to his phone to turn the sprinklers on and off wherever he goes. It also includes capabilities that use real-time weather updates to adjust the watering cadence accordingly, so he’ll never deal with that post-vacay brown grass again.
6. GhostPillow Queen Pillow ($85): Dad runs warm. So this cool-to-the-touch pillow designed with temperature-controlled memory foam will be his best bet for a refreshing night of zzz’s. (Sorry, a snore-free night is not guaranteed!)
7. UGYM Mini Deep Tissue Massager ($149): Put a deep tissue massage in the palm of his hand. This handy gadget includes mini pads that can be placed anywhere his muscles need some TLC. Bonus: It’s Bluetooth enabled so he can save his favorite settings to ensure he gets a treatment he loves every time (even from the office).
8. Secura Stainless Steel Electric Wine Opener ($20): Keep Dad well equipped to open all those ancient bottles with ease. With the touch of a button, this stainless steel opener removes the cork — and up to 30 at that — with a one-time charge. Cheers to that!
9. Ice Orb Levitating/Floating Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker ($130): If he’s a Star Wars fan, this Bluetooth floating orb speaker is sure to be a big hit among him and all his other Han Solo-loving buds.
10. Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa ($150): Upgrade his digital time with an Alexa-enabled tablet that has a 10.1″ HD display and 10 hours of battery. He’ll be able to read, watch his fave shows, and call his favorite kid (you) all on one device.
11. Fossil Q Marshal Gen 2 Touchscreen Smartwatch ($299): Upgrade his old school wristwatch with this digitalized option that keeps him connected to calls, texts, and alerts wherever he goes. Don’t worry; it also displays the time.
12. Holy Stone GPS Drone ($280): Give him the gift every guy drools over — a drone! This one, in particular, includes an optimized WiFi camera and real-time viewing right from the remote control so he’ll stay in the action from the moment it takes off the ground.
13. Weber iGrill Mini ($38): He’ll never deal with another burnt burger again. Weber’s latest tool includes an app-connected thermometer and probe that delivers delicious results every time (which you can totally reap the benefits of).
14. Garmin Speak With Amazon Alexa ($100): If he doesn’t have in-car navigation, this is the next best thing. This Garmin features step-by-step navigation, music streaming, and more. Consider it the perfect tool for his next big road trip.
15. Google WiFi System ($299): For music streaming, Netflix watching, web searching, and more, give him the gift of a really good WiFi signal. Google’s latest system features three devices for excellent coverage throughout the entire home, regardless of his current provider.
16. Nintendo Switch ($299): Now he can enjoy his gaming habit on the go. Nintendo Switch makes for a full home console experience anywhere while giving him single and multiplayer enjoyment whenever he needs it.
17. Beeline Smart Compass Navigation for Bikes ($139): He’s a biker — a road biker, that is. Bring him home from each trip safely with a smart GPS system. Once it’s attached to the handlebars, is provides digital navigation to get him from point A to B seamlessly.
18. Coeuspow Bamboo Desktop Charger Station ($30): He loves *all* the tech-y things. Ensure they stay well charged with a sleek docking station that holds his favorite electronic accessories all at once. Genius!
19. Ember Temperature Control Travel Mug ($150): This cup will keep his coffee at the perfect drinking temp whether he’s commuting to the office or to the gym. With the turn of a dial at the bottle, he can keep it at a temperature of his choosing or he can sync the travel mug with his app to adjust it from afar. Either way, it’s a caffeination win-win.
Are you in Father’s Day shopping mode? Follow us on Pinterest for *all* the gifting inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.