The Bespoke Man: 5 Ways for Dudes to Design Their Duds
From sourcing the best virtual stylists to styling up 10 basic rules for rocking jeans, we’re always up for delving into a little dose of men’s fashion here at Brit + Co. Today, we’re all about customization for dudes in the form of suit lining, cuff links, scarves, pocket squares, and shirts.
1. Custom Suit Lining: This offering hails from across the pond and lets you upload your favorite image into your new suit jacket. That’s right. Any (high resolution) image is fair game!
2. Custom Dress Shirt: Looking for that perfect fit under the suit jacket? Bleu Flamme keeps popping up as the new hot thing in the world of custom dress shirts. You can choose from tons of patterns for every part of your shirt as well customizing just about every measurement you can imagine. They even make a virtual version of your torso after you’ve put your measurements in. Kind of creepy, but we’re guessing the fit is perfect!
3. Bespoke Scarf: We know what you’re thinking. Why would I rock a silk scarf? Well, it’s an easy way to add a punch of personality to any outfit and, we promise, even the manliest of men can pull this look off. Best of all, this service lets you upload any image you like so you can be as subtle or as loud as you like.
4. Custom Map Cuff Links: The occasion for cuff links is rare, but if you’ve got a whole bunch of weddings or other black tie events on the horizon, why not personalize that black suit or tux with your own custom cuff links? Etsy Seller Sherry Truitt has an incredible collection of vintage maps and lets you customize each cuff link with locations of your choice.
5. One-of-a-Kind Pocket Square: With this one, you can’t necessarily choose your own design but you can be sure that your piece is one of a kind. Each pocket square is cut from a large piece of textile and hand-sewn once you order.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)