The BritList: Pizza Compass, iFlask + More
Good morning Brit + Co. readers! This week’s been all about prepping for summer. We did our take on the ’90s catch and toss, showed you tons of hot maxi skirts, and made a surprisingly delicious batch of strawberry balsamic rosemary ice cream. Of course, we’ve always got room for a hearty dose of ridiculousness on this fine Friday. Enjoy this week’s BritList!
1. Pizza Compass: First up, the Pizza Compass, which is basically a glorified Yelp filter created exclusively for finding pizza… now! Why hasn’t anyone thought of this before?
2. The Hashtag Banner: For events that need Twitter-friendly quips, there is now the hashtag banner. #itwasonlyamatteroftime
4. iFlask: Our new favorite flask on the market? A flask that looks like an iPhone. Liquor disguise tactics have reached a whole new level.
5. Signature Necklaces: Ready to take the name necklace trend to a way more personal level? For $195-$295, you can turn your own signature into a gorgeous silver pendant. So cool. We wonder if they could do this for short quotes as well! Would be a fun gift to give or get from a close family member. (And a great belated gift for Mother’s Day!)
6. Boxer Brief 365-Pack: Hate doing laundry? You can order 365 pairs of undies at once – just $3,250. Kind of insane amount to spend on undergarments, but it does come out to less than $10 a pair. And we have to admit, those bright colors are kind-of-awesome.
7. Drive It Like You Stole It: Need to make your daily drive a little more edgy? Want to pretend like you’re running from the law? This absurd (but kind of awesome) tutorial shows you how to make it look like your key is actually a screwdriver. For those who want to live on the edge, but don’t want to go to jail.
8. Tweeting Birdhouses: These birdhouses are hooked up to Twitter so that they actually tweet when you do! We love this physical take on digital communication.
9. Dots: If you haven’t played Dots yet, stop reading this, download it immediately, and don’t be surprised when you come back to reality an hour later. This one is totally addictive.
10. 12 Hrs Guides: Is a long layover in your future? Or you simply want to hit up a bunch of cities in a short period of time? The 12 Hrs Guides are great for getting a half-day tour in the world’s coolest cities.
12. Adventurers Banner Card: The summer air has us dreaming of all sorts of adventures! We love this whimsical card. Perfect to send to that special someone.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)