The BritList: Scratch and Sniff Wallpaper, Crocheted Shorts for Men and More
March is off to a swell start here at Brit HQ, thanks to the launch of our very first book, Homemakers! If you haven’t ordered your copy yet, you still have ONE DAY to cash in on a bunch of freebies, so get on it. Once you’re done with that, head back here for your Friday dose of randomness.
1. #Dressgate Tee ($22): Well this was inevitable and, fortunately, it’s a lot cuter than the actual dress.
3. Scratch and Sniff Wallpaper: Banana-patterned wallpaper that smells like bananas is… BANANAS!
4. Hello There Doormat ($25): Oh, hello there.
6. Do One Thing Well ($54): Hear, hear.
8. New Colors for 2015: This cheeky cartoon from the New Yorker proposes a different set of colors for 2015. Bunion FTW…? Ick.
9. A Fashion Pilgrimage to Salvation Mountain: Colors, patterns and fashion, oh my. This editorial spread for Paper Magazine takes a journey to Salvation Mountain, the gorgeous explosion of color located in the lower desert of Southern California. Created by Leonard Knight, the project promotes love through vibrant hues depicting flowers, trees, hearts, suns, birds and more.
10. Citron Lidded Basket ($66): Think outside the Easter basket.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)