This Easy T-Shirt Hack Is the Cutest Easy Halloween Trick Ever
With Halloween just a couple of days away, it’s becoming clear that there are two kinds of people: the excited and super organized ones that stearted decorating the house and making all kinds of treats like a month ago, and those who say, “OMG! Where did the time go? And where can I find a last minute idee for my costume??” Well, for those of you who fall into the second category, don’t worry — we’ve got the perfect idea to get you into the mood in just a few easy steps.
Materials + Tools:
– plain white tee
– black fabric paint
– painting brush
– paper sheet
– black sharpie
1. Use a sharpie to draw the outline of the front of a cat (head on, with two perky ears), then cut it out.
2. Tape the outline (not the inside cut-out) to use as a template to paint your tee, by taping it to the t-shirt.
3. Start painting! To avoid bleed, insert an old magazine or a piece of cardboard into the tee.
4. Let dry.
5. Now that the front is dry, let’s think about the other side of the tee! You’ll pretty much repeat steps 1-4 on the back of the t-shirt, except with a cat tail. First, draw and cut out a cat-tail shape on a new paper and cut it.
6. Tape the paper to the back of the tee and paint.
7. Let everything dry completely, then remove the paper.
8. Lastly, iron to set the color in place, let it cool and reveal your brand new tee.
First of all, draw your desired shape (we choose a black cat because it’s just so cute and Halloween-appropriate) on a sheet of paper and cut it. Then, insert a piece of cardboard into the tee so you don’t end up with a reverse print on the other side and start painting. Wait untill the paint is completely dry, then remove the paper template.
For the back of the tee, use a sharpie to draw a cat tail, cut and tape it to the tee and paint inside of the outline. Once the painting is completely dry it’s time to iron both sides to set the color in place. I suggest using a piece of cotton fabric as a heat protector. Finally, let it cool. Now, you’re ready to wear the tee!
Look how cute it looks paired with a basic blazer: perfect, spooky touch to every office outfit.
Are you going to DIY a kitty cat Halloween inspired costume this year? Share some pitches on Instagram with the #britstagram