This Keto Cheese Ball Recipe Is Loaded With All Your Fave Potato Fixings
When it comes to appetizers, the retro cheese ball is almost always met with excitement from the crowd. If you’ve gone keto, here’s a version you can safely nosh on too. Since you may be craving a baked potato, we pulled all the traditional fixings (cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon “bits”) and weaved them into this umami-licious, low-carb cheese ball. You can do your best to stop after one bite, but none of us have had success holding back. Rather than carb-heavy crackers, which are the traditional dipper, opt for crunchy vegetable medallions like radish, cucumber, and pepper. If you’ve been extra good with your carb count, toss in a few rainbow-hued baby carrots.
Keto cheese ball RECIPE
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces bacon crumbles (microwave until very very crispy)
- veggies, for serving (like peppers, cucumber, etc., cut into 1/4-inch thick medallions)
1. Mince garlic, and then add a generous pinch of salt. Mash the garlic and salt mixture with the flat side of your knife until a paste forms.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir garlic paste, chives, Worcestershire sauce, and cream cheese together until well combined. Then stir in cheddar cheese. Use a spatula to form a ball out of the cream cheese.
3. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until the texture has firmed up slightly.
4. In a small casserole dish or another dish with a flat surface, add bacon crumbles. Take the cheese ball and roll it in the bacon, patting the spices into the ball, until the ball is completely covered.
5. Place cheese ball on a small plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cheese ball with veggie wedges.
Tag your cheeseball @britandco on Instagram so we can can be jealous.
(Recipe by Anna Monette Roberts / Brit + Co; styling by Alonna Morrison / Brit + Co; photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)