While we might still imagine Tiffani Thiessen (AKA Tiffani Amber Thiessen AKA Kelly Kapowski) as the uber popular cheerleader from Saved by the Bell, she’s all grown up now and even expecting (another) little one – she’s already a mom to four-year-old daughter Harper. To help welcome the newest addition to her family, Thiessen hosted a gorgeous baby shower in Los Angeles (check out all the pics on her blog).
If your due date is coming up and you’re putting together a shower of sorts, here are five tips to take from the actress and lifestyle guru’s shindig.
1. Incorporate a color scheme. If you’re not super stoked on the idea of your baby shower being decked out in pastel shades of blue and pink, picking specific colors will do wonders to add more dimension to the decor. In Thiessen’s case, she chose cobalt blue and purple. The colors could be seen in her floral arrangements as well as in the guests’ attire (and also on her adorable daughter who is pictured above). (Photo via @tiffanithiessen)
2. Give your menu a theme. To stray away from the classic party platters, give your menu more direction by following a theme. Thiessen went with a French-inspired menu and served French bread with jam, ham and cheese croissants, orzo salad and grilled asparagus with lemon. (Photo Steve Steinhardt)
3. Create a kid’s station. If it isn’t an adults only affair, be sure to create activities that will keep the kids entertained. At Thiessen’s party she set up a small picnic table that was packed with coloring books, crayons and miscellaneous crafts. (Photo via Brit + Co)
4. Skip the gifts in favor of a charitable donation. If this isn’t your first and you’re pretty well stocked on baby related necessities, ask guests to skip the trip to Babies-R-Us and instead donate to a charitable cause of your choice. This is an idea Shakira adopted for her recent baby shower and one that Thiessen also embraced. She tells People, “[Husband Brady Smith] and I have always felt extremely blessed so we love to give back. What’s even better is that our amazing friends and family love to as well,” she says. “So everyone brought donations to one of our favorite charities Baby Buggy.” (Photo via LMarie Photo)
5. Send guests home with a party favor they’ll actually use. Your shower is going to be a hit, right? So go ahead and give guests something to remember it by. Thiessen gifted her friends and family small succulent plants to take home and nurture. (Photo via Alyssa Rosenheck Photography)
Are you currently planning a baby shower? What elements of the party are you most excited about?
(Feature photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)