Amanda Seyfried Gets Knitty Gritty + 8 Other Celeb DIYs
We’ve gotta hand it to them — celebrities certainly know how to make the most of their free time. Though often juggling multiple projects and adhering to absolutely insane schedules, it doesn’t seem to stop them from making us 100 percent believers in the “you can do anything you set your mind to” mantra. Take Britney Spears, for instance: She’s practically the non-official mayor of Vegas, yet here she is doodling some rad art. Then there’s Tori Spelling or Bethenny Frankel — both are moms on the go with businesses to run, yet these two ladies still somehow found time to whip up some tasty DIY foodie creations — and they just so happen to look amaze. Then there’s Sarah Jessica Parker, who played supermom and sewed her daughter an adorable spring romper. Read on for more of our top celeb DIY choices this week!
1. Britney Spears: B. Spears showed off her arty side with this colorful doodle labeled “my art for the day.” Supes cute, Brit! (via @britneyspears)
2. Tori Spelling: Tori made this magically delicious St. Patty’s Day-themed mini Bundt cake for her brood. While the holiday is over, we think you could easily modify this into an Easter dish — get the recipe here. (via @torispelling)
3. Miley Cyrus: Miley’s never been one to conform to convention (minus that whole Hannah Montana era, natch), so it’s only fitting that her “art” would be completely unconventional too. Here, she showcases a Barbie project that she hashtagged “#crafternoon, #acraftfriendisabestfriend and #afriendwithabeadisafriendindeed.” (via @mileycyrus)
4. Michelle Obama: The first lady exercises her right to spray paint by adding her heart to this Union Market DC mural in support of women — each heart represents a girl working to better herself through education. (via @michelleobama)
5. Sarah Jessica Parker: Sarah Jessica channels her inner Carrie to help daughter Loretta (aka Marion) slay spring break fashion with the finishing touches to this super cute romper — “working pockets!” she writes. (via @sarahjessicaparker)
6. Courtney Sixx: Courtney modeled her DIY apron with a little dance for the camera, because of course she did. (via @how2girl)
7. Amanda Seyfried: Avid knitter Amanda Seyfried showed deep concentration in this shot with her DIY-partner-in-crime pooch. (via @mingey)
(Featured photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)