These Are the Exact Products Our Beauty Editor Brought on Vacation
As someone who lives and breathes beauty products, I was stressed to the max when it came time to pack for a two-week-long trip to Greece. I had so much to pack for: a bachelorette trip, a wedding, days-worth of traveling, etc., each of which required a different arsenal of products. It wasn’t an easy task ;) I managed to bring only the necessities, and honestly, I was super happy with the products that ended up making the cut. Here are the travel beauty essentials that I couldn’t live without during my trip.
1. Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15 ($39): This is my favorite foundation to wear during the summer. It’s so lightweight and buildable, which is perfect when you want to have control over the coverage. I would often mix it with my moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer during the day and then add a layer or two for nighttime.
2. Laura Geller Spackle Mist ($32): I try new setting sprays all the time and this one really stood out as a winner. I used it in (hot, hot, hot) Greece as a makeup primer and setter. My makeup didn’t budge at allll and looked like I had just applied it when I ended the night. I made the mistake of taking it through airport security with me, though, so I had to throw it away :(. I immediately ordered a new one when I got home — that’s how good it is.
3. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara ($24): My holy grail, go-to mascara definitely stood up to its name on this trip. This stuff has serious staying power and gives me next-level lashes, but easily removes with an oil cleanser (it def is tough to remove without an oil cleanser, though). I would never travel without this mascara because it always delivers, leaving me with eyelashes that rival actual falsies.
4. Urban Decay NAKED Eyeshadow Palette ($54): I highly recommend having a NAKED eyeshadow palette if you like switching up your makeup but don’t want to fuss over a ton of different eyeshadows. The OG palette in the NAKED family is my must-pack palette when I travel because the colors offer up so many different looks. This palette was the only eyeshadow I brought on my trip and I used it every single night. I also love using the darker hues as eyeliners; they’re SO pretty. A dual-ended eyeshadow brush is also included, which is the cherry on top to this amazing product.
5. Lime Crime Velvetines Lipstick ($20) in Suedeberry: These liquid lipsticks are some of my favorites EVER because their color payoff is legit and they feel comfortable on your lips. I particularly love wearing this coral red when I have a bit of a summer glow. It’s the perfect in-between shade that offers up a dose of red and a hint of coral in a color that’s *made* for summer. Just keep the rest of your makeup low-key if you’re rocking a punchy shade like this.
6. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer ($29): This bronzer is a must-have product that I am constantly turning to almost every single time I put on makeup. It’s versatile — you can use it as a beautiful matte brown eyeshadow and powder liner — but you can’t go wrong with it as a bronzer. It’s totally matte, which I love, and allows you to easily deepen the color without ever looking like a shimmery disco ball.
7. Glossier Boy Brow ($16): Since tinting my eyebrows, I’ve been using less makeup on them to fill them in. These days, I’ve exclusively been using this product. That’s it! I love how this one-stop-shop brow product fills in the sparse areas of my brows while shaping them at the same time. It also lasts all day without any smudging. I can’t live without this stuff, straight up.
8. Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen ($22): When I wasn’t hacking the NAKED eyeshadow palette to use as eyeliner, I turned to this wonderful stuff to define my eyes. Its super fine felt tip makes it incredibly easy to draw a really thin, natural-looking line that hugs your lash line. I like wearing this product so it doesn’t look like I have anything on — I prefer to go the subtle route. It’s the perfect product for making your lashes look thick by adding more oomph to that area of the eye.
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.