These Are the Exact Products Our Beauty Editor Brought on Vacation
As someone who lives and breathes beauty products, I was stressed to the max when it came time to pack for a two-week-long trip to Greece. I had so much to pack for: a bachelorette trip, a wedding, days-worth of traveling, etc., each of which required a different arsenal of products. It wasn’t an easy task ;) I managed to bring only the necessities, and honestly, I was super happy with the products that ended up making the cut. Here are the travel beauty essentials that I couldn’t live without during my trip.
my favorite foundation to wear during the summer. It’s so lightweight and buildable, which is perfect when you want to have control over the coverage. I would often mix it with my moisturizer to create a tinted moisturizer during the day and then add a layer or two for nighttime.
and setter. My makeup didn’t budge at allll and looked like I had just applied it when I ended the night. I made the mistake of taking it through airport security with me, though, so I had to throw it away :(. I immediately ordered a new one when I got home — that’s how good it is.
3. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Lengthening Mascara ($24): My holy grail, go-to mascara definitely stood up to its name on this trip. This stuff has serious staying power and gives me next-level lashes, but easily removes with an oil cleanser (it def is tough to remove without an oil cleanser, though). I would never travel without this mascara because it always delivers, leaving me with eyelashes that rival actual falsies.
4. Urban Decay NAKED Eyeshadow Palette ($54): I highly recommend having a NAKED eyeshadow palette if you like switching up your makeup but don’t want to fuss over a ton of different eyeshadows. The OG palette in the NAKED family is my must-pack palette when I travel because the colors offer up so many different looks. This palette was the only eyeshadow I brought on my trip and I used it every single night. I also love using the darker hues as eyeliners; they’re SO pretty. A dual-ended eyeshadow brush is also included, which is the cherry on top to this amazing product.
5. Lime Crime Velvetines Lipstick ($20) in Suedeberry: These liquid lipsticks are some of my favorites EVER because their color payoff is legit and they feel comfortable on your lips. I particularly love wearing this coral red when I have a bit of a summer glow. It’s the perfect in-between shade that offers up a dose of red and a hint of coral in a color that’s *made* for summer. Just keep the rest of your makeup low-key if you’re rocking a punchy shade like this.
6. Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer ($29): This bronzer is a must-have product that I am constantly turning to almost every single time I put on makeup. It’s versatile — you can use it as a beautiful matte brown eyeshadow and powder liner — but you can’t go wrong with it as a bronzer. It’s totally matte, which I love, and allows you to easily deepen the color without ever looking like a shimmery disco ball.
tinting my eyebrows, I’ve been using less makeup on them to fill them in. These days, I’ve exclusively been using this product. That’s it! I love how this one-stop-shop brow product fills in the sparse areas of my brows while shaping them at the same time. It also lasts all day without any smudging. I can’t live without this stuff, straight up.
8. Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen ($22): When I wasn’t hacking the NAKED eyeshadow palette to use as eyeliner, I turned to this wonderful stuff to define my eyes. Its super fine felt tip makes it incredibly easy to draw a really thin, natural-looking line that hugs your lash line. I like wearing this product so it doesn’t look like I have anything on — I prefer to go the subtle route. It’s the perfect product for making your lashes look thick by adding more oomph to that area of the eye.