10 Travel-Friendly Beauty Products for Busy Commuters
Women who get things done are always on the go — whether we like it or not. From Monday board meetings to Friday night happy hours, our time is precious and we don’t have the luxury to stop at home to “powder our noses.” So what is the best solution for the girl who doesn’t slow down? On-the-go beauty products, of course. These travel-friendly finds will rescue you when your time is limited. Whether you need to blot the sweat away after a stressful presentation or save your strands from the frizzies, here are 10 hair, skin, and makeup solutions you need in your purse, like, yesterday.
1. Murad MattEffect Blotting Perfector ($39): When your forehead gets that afternoon shine, it’s time to whip out this compact mattifier stat. Just lightly pat the cushion into the translucent, liquid formula (which is made with pomegranate and French green clay extracts, BTW), and blot it wherever you want to diminish oil and excess sweat.
2. Bumble and bumble Prêt-à-Powder ($27): Oh, dry shampoo. How did we ever live without you? This all-in-one hair powder will freshen your midday strands and add volume when you don’t have time to hop in the shower before your nighttime activities.
3. Drunk Elephant Skin Fit Kit ($25): Hit the spa while never leaving your desk (kind of) with these three products to hydrate your lips and skin, and protect against harmful rays once you step outside. Whip out the B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel post midday workout to brighten and tone skin for the rest of your workday.
4. Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper ($8): These green tea blotting wonders are made from Chinese yam paper and will answer beauty woes like excess oil, splotchy makeup, and grime buildup. Simply press and attach the cushion to the sheet paper and lightly dab onto your forehead, nose, or chin. Then poof — you’re ready to shine in a good way!
5. Nunzio Saviano Anti-Frizz Sheets ($18): Who has time to manage flyaways when you have more important things on your plate? That’s where these anti-frizz sheets come in. Gently swipe this hair-taming sheet boosted with coconut oil and non-sticky polymers over your strands to instantly smooth hair, eliminate frizz, and calm flyaways. One application will give you that “woke up like this” confidence in a flash.
6. Algenist Splash Hydrating Setting Mist ($35): A long day of meetings, conference calls, and commuting can wreak havoc on your complexion. For a quick facial refresh, reach for this cool, hydrating mist that will keep your game face glowing from desk until dinner.
7. SWEAT COSMETICS Twist-Brush and Translucent Mineral Powder ($42): Developed by actual Olympic athletes, this breathable formula is more than capable of maintaining your flawless complexion during sweat-inducing situations — read getting stuck on a hot subway or running to meetings across town. The mess-free, built-in brush is filled with a sweat-resistant powdered foundation that will protect your skin from perspiration and unexpected raindrops for up to 40 minutes.
8. Rms beauty Lip2Cheek ($36): Why bring your whole makeup bag with you when you can carry this two-in-one product instead? Used for your lips and cheeks, the cream can be layered to create a highly pigmented hue or a sheer shimmer.
9. Eos Hand Lotion ($2): While you may opt for larger lotions for your desk, toss this hand lotion in your purse or even a clutch. Featuring a light fragrance and moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, oats, and aloe, it will nourish your hands as you head to and from the office or in between appointments.
10. SweetSpot Vanilla Blossom On-the-Go Wipes ($8): These wipes are meant for anywhere and everywhere — and we mean everywhere. Keep this packet on standby to freshen up when a long day transitions to happy hour. Made with 98 percent natural ingredients, they’re safe to use for even the most sensitive areas so you can stay fresh and empowered for the rest of the day.
What on-the-go products do you want to use? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.