25 Travel Themed Wedding or Party Ideas
You live for the thrill of adventure, and you’re constantly dreaming of new places to visit — sound familiar? If you and your significant other have a bad case of the travel bug, why not incorporate a travel theme into your wedding? With some DIY touches, a few globes and a map or two here and there, you can have a beautiful wedding that takes on your sense of adventure. So please fasten your seat belts and enjoy these 25 gorgeous travel themed weddings.
1. Global Centerpieces: Using globes as centerpieces along with some vintage books and simple name tags is an easy and elegant way to show your guests that you’re about to embark on the best honeymoon ever. (via Every Last Detail)
5. Pinned It: Instead of a guestbook, this couple asked guests to put a pin in the map where they were from. If you have relatives coming from near and far, this is a cool way to let everyone know what a globetrotting family you come from. (via Weddings Unveiled)
6. Bright and Cheery: The bright colors and mismatched tableware give this wedding instant charm. If you are using globes on your tables, make sure they aren’t too tall so your guests can still talk to each other. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
12. Dessert Table: How fun is this colorful dessert table? The backdrop is made up of pinwheels made out of maps, and the cake doesn’t take itself too seriously with the fondant city cutouts. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
17. Destination-Inspired Tables: This wedding went all out by decorating each table to represent a different country. (via Nelwin Uy)
18. Old World Invitation: Fun, vintage invitations keep things simple with a hand-drawn map and RSVP card. (via Julie Song Ink)
Do any of these weddings inspire you to book your tickets for a travel themed wedding? Let us know in the comments below!