10 Home Decor Trends That Are Going to Be Huge in 2018
With 2017 coming to a close, there’s no better time to look ahead to the trends for 2018. Sure, we loved Scandi-style lagom and all things velvet and millennial pink, but the new year brings all new home fashions to covet. And if there’s anyone that can speak to those upcoming styles, it’s the decor experts at Houzz. With more than 15 million interior pics on their home renovation and design platform, Houzz knows a thing or two about what’s trending. Their team partnered with industry leaders and their online community to make a list of what will be big in 2018, and let’s just say, the year’s looking pretty good. Check out their style predictions below.
1. Rich Colors: Expect to see hits of color like burnt yellow and tobacco everywhere — yes, even the bathroom — to contrast this year’s neutrals. The overall effect is extra luxe and cozy. (via Bre Purposed)
2. Colorful Kitchens: Move over, monochrome — color is making its way to the kitchen! After years of plain palettes, pops of color from painted cabinets or countertops are the newest thing in the cooking space. Consider it the easiest way to make the room feel more energized and unique. (via Clayton and Little)
3. Upgraded Sinks: Say goodbye to stainless steel sinks. Concrete, copper, and granite materials are the newest eye-catchers in your kitchen. (via Mix and Chic)
4. Floral Features: We’re not talking about your grandmother’s wallpaper. This season’s picks use vivid colors and oversized blooms to freshen up just about any space. We’re especially loving it as a bold statement in a tiny bathroom or on a kitchen backsplash. (via Domino)
5. Vintage Lighting: Decorators are seriously into vintage-looking light fixtures, and we can’t blame them. These aged copper pendants add a warm vibe to any room, regardless of its current style setup. (via HGTV)
6. Trough and Bucket Sinks: This trend is both practical and pretty. These farmhouse-style sinks are known for their durability, but still add new dimension to the room. They work especially well in busy homes. (via Room for Tuesday)
7. Concrete Decor: The new year takes this industrial material to unexpected places. In 2018, expect to see it in furniture, accessories, tile, and anywhere it’ll leave a lasting impression. (via Lonny)
8. Millwork Walls: While shiplap and reclaimed wood are no strangers to trendy interiors, 2018 shows them in new spaces. In this case, a millwork fireplace gives a traditional room a totally new feel. (via Homes to Love)
9. Intricate Backsplashes: In the coming months, you’ll see more designers using tiles that mirror wood, fabrics, and even wallpaper. When showcased in a backsplash, these materials are truly showstoppers. (via Domino)
10. Calming, Modern Bedrooms: Keeping it calm in your sleep space is a no-brainer. Soft fabrics, neutrals, and functional pieces elevate 2017’s minimalist concept to create a soothing nighttime retreat. (via Homepolish)
Which trends are you dying to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more design inspo to use in the new year.