With Thanksgiving fast approaching, the time has come to start rolling out those parental-approved #OOTDs. If you happen to be coupled up this holiday season, then you know exactly what we’re talking about. First impressions, let alone meeting your S.O.’s folks over the Turkey Day feast, are kind of a big deal. But don’t stress; we’ve done the outfit decoding for you. Whether you’re heading to a casual potluck dinner or are getting gussied up for a fancy night out, here are 17 Instababe-approved looks to copy.
1. Pretty in Pink: Julia Engel strikes the perfect balance between femme and polished with her strictly pretty-in-pink ensemble consisting of a ladylike blouse, twirl-worthy skirt, and dusty rose Frye boots.
2. Dress Layered Over a Turtleneck: Seek solace in layers, just like Courtney Quinn, by tossing a fit-and-flare frock over a thin turtleneck. Just add matching floral pumps for an extra hit of glam.
3. Autumnal AF: When in doubt, channel the changing fall foliage. This London-based blogger offsets a frilly ochre-colored dress with a shearling topper and patent ankle boots for instant girl-next-door appeal.
4. Granny-Chic: For a more traditional Thanksgiving sit-down dinner, peep this librarian-chic look courtesy of Alice Catherine. There’s nothing dowdy about her oversized turtleneck or calf-grazing pleated midi.
5. Trying, But Not Trying Too Hard: For small Thanksgiving gatherings, there’s no need to overthink. Follow in Jacey Duprie’s footsteps by opting for a pumpkin spice-hued coat, a lightweight knit sweater, non-distressed denim, and trend-right mules.
6. Crisp White Blouse: It doesn’t get more timeless than a crisp white button-down and a houndstooth mini that takes you from teatime to turkey time. Slick lace-up stompers aren’t negotiable.
7. Oh Shift!: Find yo’self a throw-on-and-go frock that allows you to go back for second (or third) helpings of turkey. This enchanting drop-waist number featuring a tie-neck front fits the bill just fine.
8. Crushed Velvet: “Living my best emoji life.” This babe couldn’t have captioned it better. Her crushed velvet jewel tone dress, embroidered booties, and pearl drop earrings are ready to cha-cha-cha for snaps with the fam.
9. Chunky Knit and Extra AF Earrings: Tamu McPherson elevates a classic rolled-neck knit sweater with exquisite drop earrings for a #winning Turkey Day lewk.
10. Lovely in Leopard: Make an entrance like “whoa” and break the ice with a leopard coordinated getup that speaks to your inner Leandra Medine. You certainly won’t run out of things to chat about around the dinner table.
11. Like a Lady: The ever-chic Jenny Walton masters conservative dressing down to a T. Everything from her midi-length collared dress to her slicked-back tresses and embellished slides read modern-day sophisticate.
12. Wow from the Back: A Thanksgiving fête straight out of Gossip Girl wouldn’t be complete without a bow-adorned dress that brings the drama, amirite? A top knot just may be the only thing missing.
13. Printed Power Suit and Festive Steppers: Let your personality shine through with a printed pantsuit that exudes confidence. This babe’s fierce red ankle-strap sandals are the cherry on top, if we do say so ourselves.
14. Classy in a LBD: Pull out all the stops this Thanksgiving by elevating your most sophisticated tweed dress with a conversation-starting clutch and Chanel-esque pearls.
15. Swishy Metallic Pleats: Meet the skirt du jour of the season — ahem, swishy pleats — that’s guaranteed to impress the parentals. Blair Eadie’s got the right idea with her collared sweater, marigold block heels, and navy tights.
16. P for Polka Dots: For a mom-approved getup, team a big ol’ polka dot blouse with high-waisted black trousers and menswear-inspired loafers. Extra AF earrings are absolutely in order.
17. Tartan and Ruffles: Y’all, it’s not too early to start decking the halls with holiday-ready tartan. Parisian blogger Daphne Moreau gets into the spirit with a wool pleated mini and a flouncy berry-hued sweater.
Which of these Instababe-approved looks will you be channeling when meeting the parentals this Thanksgiving? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall style inspo!