Twitter Is Having a Field Day With ASOS’s New Dinosaur Tails
We’ve come to accept a lot of oddities in the name of fashion: Just check out these 20 WTF looks from VMAS past for proof. But ASOS may have taken things just a bittttt too far with their latest: strap-on Tell Tails Shinosaur dinosaur ($40) and fox, cat, wolf and leopard tails ($32 each).
A stuffed velvet attachment piece with a strap-on belt and a clasp closure, the tail goes beyond any Google fashion trend we’ve seen this year, and needless to say, Twitter had a field day with the product. Suggested to shoppers through a targeted ad on Facebook, the tail had ASOS customers steadily bringing the laughs. The joke’s on us in the end, however: The originally pictured black tail sold out, and we’ve got a sneaking suspicion the other tails will, too! Find some of our favorite responses below.
— Kimkimini (@Kimberleymakado) August 28, 2016
1. @Kimberleymakado: Kimkimini helped ASOS spread the word with this helpful PSA.
— Jenny (@scarlet_thistle) August 27, 2016
2. @scarlet_thistle: Jenny felt a little left out of the loop.
— Jenny Rogerson (@jenrog1) August 27, 2016
3. @jenrog1: Jenny was on board, if only she could just find the right occasion! After all, what’s a ball gown without a ball, areweright?
— ginger spice (@AmyGoacher) August 26, 2016
4. @amygoacher: Ginger Spice was polite as could be in regretfully voicing her decline.
ASOS obviously knows me too well. "Here's a giant dragon tail we thought you'd like. And a pair of Nikes." pic.twitter.com/XnhYIsdkzG
— Ryan Barrell (@RyanBarrell) August 28, 2016
5. @RyanBarrell: Ryan marveled at the sheer accuracy of targeted marketing these days.
— VH (@vanessalheslop) August 25, 2016
6. @vanessalheslop: Vanessa finally got the answer fashion blogs couldn’t give her.
— Jonathan Holmes (@jHo1987) August 24, 2016
7. @jHo1987: We totally do, Jonathan. We totally do.
By far, the best tweet of all, however, came from ASOS themselves, who had a snappy comeback to Beth Turner’s question of “WTF you doing pal?”
@BethTurner20 Everybody needs a dino tail every now and then 🙋
— ASOS Here to Help (@ASOS_HeretoHelp) August 23, 2016
Fair enough, ASOS. Fair enough.
What do you think of ASOS’s new product line? Share over @BritandCo!
(h/t Metro, photos via ASOS)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.