Running fresh out of ideas for Valentine’s day? Whether you’re shopping for mom, sister, bestie or bae, jewelry is always a thoughtful gift. Here are 34 pieces just perfect for Valentine’s Day, including earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings that will make you swoon. And if you love this marbled jewelry plate, you can DIY your own, using this kit.
One way to make a jewelry gift even more special is to personalize it. You can do this by having it engraved, or by choosing your recipient’s birthstone. According to the Almanac, birthstone gems were at one time thought to convey certain gifts.
- February’s amethyst was said to strengthen relationships and give its wearer courage.
- March’s aquamarine was thought to cure heart, liver, and stomach diseases if you drank water in which the gem had been soaking.
- April’s diamond, in addition to being a symbol of everlasting love, was thought to bring courage.
- May’s emerald was said to be associated with fertility, rebirth, and love.
- June’s pearl was a symbol of purity.
- July’s ruby warded off evil.
- August’s peridot, when set in gold, was said to protect the wearer from nightmares.
- September’s sapphire symbolized purity and wisdom.
- October’s birthstone opal was a symbol of faithfulness and confidence.
- November’s topaz, symbolized love and affection.
- December’s turquoise were love charms.
The most personal jewelry presents are custom-designed pieces. You can order custom pieces from a jeweler or you can DIY jewelry yourself. Whether you are a beginner or pro, our jewelry kit and the metalworking online class, taught by Tiffany Whipps of Tiffany Anne Studio, provides everything you need to get started making your own hammered wire jewelry. You will come away from the class with a pair of teardrop earrings that you made yourself, using metalworking tools and forging techniques.