Whether you prefer to plan an epic date night out for Valentine’s Day or a fun Netflix binge party at home with your favorite gal pals, the holiday is a great excuse to wear your sexiest heels (or coziest PJs!). It’s also the perfect time to try out some new makeup looks (gold lips, anyone?) or a new face mask and bubble bath. Don’t panic if you haven’t decided what your plans are yet (or, more importantly, what you’re going to wear). Pinterest has you covered. We chatted with Pinterest’s resident in-house stylist Larkin Brown on Facebook Live to find out what’s trending for beauty and fashion ideas that will help you celebrate V-Day your way — whether you’re with your boo, out with your crew or just doing you.
Night Out: Beauty
1. Lip Stains: You’ll probably spend enough time doing your hair and makeup, so save yourself a few precious minutes and go for a low-maintenance lip. A lip stain is long-lasting, goes on smooth (no dry pout!) and is perfect for a Valentine’s Day kiss without getting it all over your partner. Set the right tone with the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain ($14) in a pretty “strawberry kissed” shade.
2. Gold Lips: Take a break from the matte lip that has ruled the day and embrace a little shimmer. Layer a champagne colored gloss alone or over your favorite lip color for a more subtle effect. Or, if you’re doing a girls’ night out, try out full-on gold for an edgy, rockstar look. All you’ll need is the Sephora Bite Beauty Gold Creme Lip Gloss ($22) to set you up.
3. Holographic Lips: Holographic lips are a fun way to add some shimmery glam and jump on the unicorn makeup trend in a real, doable way that isn’t too over the top. Go for the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss ($14) and you’ll really shine.
4. Matte Eye Makeup: While lips might be getting some shine, matte eye makeup is still trending. Try colors hot off the red carpet like blush and rosy neutrals. You’ll find everything you need in the Ulta Matte Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette ($20).
5. Rose Nails: Rosy hues are also popular on nails this time of year, and you could try a deep rose for a vintage vibe or a paler pink for a more natural look. Or go bright with Yves Saint Laurent Rose Renaissance ($28).
Night Out: Fashion
6. Metallic Midi Pleated Skirt: Still looking for the perfect date night look? This is the time to break out a metallic pleated skirt. Pair the ASOS First & I Metallic Plisse Midi Skirt ($33) with a crop top and heels and you’ll look sexy and pulled together FTW.
7. Plunging Neckline: This trend was all over the red carpet at the Golden Globes, for good reason. You’ll feel amazingly gorg in the Nordstrom ASTR Lace Body-Con Dress ($85). It’s perfect for a fun date-night look you can layer now and re-use next summer!
8. Furry Footwear: Valentine’s is a fun time to go a little edgy and wild with furry footwear. The feathered and faux fur details on these Steve Madden Scarlett Stilletos ($90) are great for a flirty night out.
Night in: Beauty
9. DIY Marble Nails: The marble nail trend might look super complicated, but you can totally pull it off. All the deets for what you need to do are here. Go for OPI My Gondola or Yours? ($10) and I Canolli Wear OPI ($10) for the right shiny marble mix.
10. Charcoal Face Mask: Staying in this year? How about a Galentine’s spa night for your best pals? Nothing says friendship like a night of clearing out your pores, especially with some deep-cleansing charcoal face masks. Try the Miss Spa Clean and Reveal Clarifying Mask in Bamboo and Charcoal ($4) for a budget-friendly option.
11. Winter Baths: How do you hygge? One dreamy way is to spend Valentine’s day cozying up in a warm tub. Light a D.S. & Durga Portable Fireplace Candle ($65) for that wood burning smell without the hazard.
Looking for even more V-Day inspo? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.