These days, salads aren’t the boring ol’ sides they used to be. Between earthy beet salads, warming winter options, and even lettuce-free versions, many are sneaking into the “main dish” category. What makes these salads so appealing is the variety of ingredients, of course. Luckily, with a wide selection of vegan cheeses and proteins, the glowing plant eaters have found a way to jazz things up as well. Here, 13 hearty vegan salad recipes you’ve gotta try.
1. Mexican Fiesta Salad: Top your fave grains with perfectly seasoned tofu, fresh veggies, and a tasty homemade dressing for a healthy Mexican-inspired salad that you’ll want to eat for lunch AND dinner. (via Parsley Vegan)
3. Mizuna Salad With Peanuts: This stunner of a salad only takes 20 minutes to throw together, bringing you salty peanuts, rich umami flavors, and edible flowers for summer perfection. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
4. Roasted Beet and Cherry Tomato Salad: Earthy beets, plump cherry tomatoes, and crunchy pecans make this salad completely irresistible with a generous drizzle of creamy dill-infused tahini. (via Jessi’s Kitchen)
5. Greek Pasta Salad With Tofu Feta Cheese: Greek salad is great but it’s betta with feta, and this recipe gives vegans the option to rock homemade tofu feta so they don’t have to miss out. GENIUS. (via Pickles and Honey)
6. Broccoli Bean Thread Vermicelli Salad With Hoisin Dressing: This broccoli salad is a GREAT way to eat your “trees” along with tender vermicelli noodles, crunchy cashews, and an umami-packed dressing that will blow your mind. (via Everyday Healthy Recipes)
7. Southwestern Roasted Sweet Potato Salad: The hella nutritious sweet potato gets to be the star in this Southwestern salad. This tasty blend also brings peppers, tomatoes, beans, and jalapeño to your bowl with a chili and lime dressing. (via Delish-i-Full)
8. Minty Spelt Berry, Brussels Sprout, and Purple Cabbage Salad: Cooling mint is just what a salad needs in the summer, and you’ll find it in this robust spelt berry salad along with a tangy dressing that will tickle your tastebuds. (via Spice and Sprout)
10. Vegan Waldorf Salad: By using non-dairy mayo, you can totally recreate the essence of a classic Waldorf salad with a sweet and crunchy blend of grapes, apples, veggies, and walnuts. (via Glue and Glitter)
11. Millet Tabbouleh Salad: This substantial salad brings a refreshing mix of tomatoes, cucumbers, and mint to your palate. It also replaces the usual bulgar with whole grain millet for a super refreshing version that is completely GF. (via Salted Plains)
12. Raw Peanut Zoodle Salad: Spiralized zucchini is the perfect trick in making this noodle-y peanut salad a low-carb vegan option; shredded carrots, green onions, and crunchy peanuts add extra freshness and texture. (via A Saucy Kitchen)
13. Middle Eastern Cucumber and Bulgur Salad: It doesn’t get any cooler than a combination of cucumber and mint, and this healthful bulgar salad recognizes that, along with radishes and a flavorful dressing. (via Vegetarian Department)
For more seasonal vegan recipes, follow us on Pinterest.