18 Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes to Make Your #MeatlessMonday a Breeze
For many of us, 2018 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2019! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January and February for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
Between evening classes, appointments, social commitments, and your fave TV series starting up again, finding the time to cook a wholesome meal after a hard day of work can be tough. You *could* always go the one-pot pasta route, but wouldn’t it be nice to come home to a dinner that’s already made and ready to eat? We think so. Slow-cooker dump dinners are a godsend; not only are they delicious, but they also basically cook themselves. If you’re looking for something easy and healthy, we found hearty, cheesy, and swoon-worthy vegetarian slow-cooker meals for #MeatlessMonday… or any other day of the week.
1. Slow-Cooker Mac and Cheese: Velveeta, cheddar, butter, milk, and shell pasta bubble together for two-ish hours to form truly one-pot mac and cheese. (via Brit + Co)
2. Slow-Cooker Indian Butter Lentils: Life is good when you can throw fewer than 10 ingredients into a slow cooker, let them hang out for six to eight hours and come home to the smell of a rich and buttery Indian classic gone veg. Just stir in some cream before serving, kick back, and chillax with your amazing dinner. (via Host The Toast)
3. Slow-Cooker Minestrone Soup: A hot bowl of soup is what chilly weather is all about. Whether you’re enduring a hectic week or relishing a lazy Sunday, this protein-packed vegan spin on minestrone soup is a tasty way to nourish your bod. (via Little Spice Jar)
4. Buffalo Crock-Pot Mac and Cheese: Not all vegetarian meals are focused on veggies; indulging in this divine Buffalo mac will prove that. Ease your hesitant family into #MeatlessMonday with this delicious bad boy. (via Whitney Bond)
5. Slow-Cooker BBQ Chickpeas: Now that football season is here, Sunday football parties will be ALL the rage. You’ll be exposed to a lot of saucy and cheesy eats — most of them meat-y — but you don’t have to miss out. Traditional BBQ flavors make this plant-based chickpea sandwich a total touchdown. (via Real Food Whole Life)
6. Slow-Cooker Enchilada Casserole: This enchilada casserole stacks layers of cheese, beans, corn, and fresh veggies for a lovely differentiation of flavors. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Mushroom “Bone” Broth: Some days (AKA sick days), you just want to curl up to a piping hot mug of broth. This nutritious blend features shiitake mushrooms, wakame seaweed, and chickpeas. Though it’s made in a pressure cooker, we think you could absolutely go the slow-cooker route and cook on low for six to eight hours. (via Simply Quinoa)
8. Crock-Pot Lentil Bolognese: If you’re hankering for a Bolognese sauce but could do without the heft and greasiness, lentils will do the trick. This slow-cooked sauce is a healthy and substantial option; you may never consider a classic bolognese again! (via Simply Whisked)
9. Quinoa Black Bean Crock-Pot Stuffed Peppers: The best way to enjoy bell peppers? Stuffed and and utterly overflowing with goodies. (via Pinch of Yum)
10. Slow-Cooker Bean Soup: If you’re going to dig into a bowl of bean soup, you have to go big or go home. Start with a bag of 15-bean mix (yes, it’s a real thing), and let the slow cooker do the hard cooking part. (via The Seasoned Mom)
11. Slow-Cooker Butternut Squash Dal: If you’ve been toying with the idea of incorporating more squash into your life, this Indian dal dish is a fab place to start. (The Girl on Bloor)
12. Slow-Cooker Spinach Ricotta Lasagna: If you’re not quite ready to ditch the lasagna noodles for eggplant or zucchini, worry not! There are ample vegetarian lasagnas out there that cater to plant-based diets, and this spinach and ricotta lasagna will make sure you don’t miss out on the meat. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
13. Slow-Cooker Ratatouille: This belly-warming blend of eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes *just* might end up on your weekly menu. (via Eating Bird Food)
14. Slow-Cooker Enchilada Quinoa: Be sure to add this recipe to your weekly rotation; this beauty only calls for 15 minutes of prep. If you can handle minimal chopping and a little can opening in the morning, you’re golden. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
15. Slow-Cooker Spaghetti Squash: Once that gourd is cooked until tender, serve it up with plenty of Parmesan, olive oil, and parsley for a low-frills dinner that satisfies. (via Well Plated)
16. Slow-Cooker Vegetable Curry With Chickpeas: This is *just* the thing to fill up on this fall and winter. Top it all off with crunchy cashews and allow yourself to sink into a state of pure bliss. (via The Lemon Bowl)
17. Slow-Cooker Creamy Wild Rice Soup With Roasted Buttered Mushrooms: Anyone who dubs quinoa as “boring” needs a wakeup call — and this cheesy, Italian-seasoned bowl full of quinoa, mushrooms, and peppers ought to do the trick. (via Half Baked Harvest)
18. Crock-Pot Low-Carb Lasagna: Comfort food is all about the cheesy and the saucy. Sadly, with that usually comes the carb-y and the heavy, but not in this case! This meatless slow cooker lasagna replaces noodles with eggplant, and it’s kind of the best thing ever. (via Well Plated)
Follow us on Pinterest for more #MeatlessMonday Madness.
(Additional reporting by Lena O’Neal)