Father’s Day has come and gone, but Fourth of July is right around the corner. We can almost smell the hot dogs and hamburgers now. Below you’ll find some super simple DIYs to help get you in the red white and blue spirit as well as some other fun summer projects, including custom-made temporary tattoos. Whether you’re looking for a quick afternoon craft or a more intensive undertaking, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. American Flag Backdrop: Take your Fourth of July barbeque to the next level with this Insta-worthy backdrop. (via Brit + Co)
2. Chopping Board Mirror: Bet you never thought you’d use a chopping board as a mirror. This DIY would also totally work with a pizza peel as well. (via Sugar and Cloth)
3. Chalk Mural: Have a chalkboard wall you’re looking to make over? Turn it into a virtual garden with this fun tutorial. (via Brit + Co)
4. Minimal Ladder Shelf: Skip the trip to IKEA and make your own instead. Leave it minimal like this or go ahead and color block those shelves. (via The Merry Thought)
5. Eye Clutch: Looking to amp up a basic clutch? Create this sparkly design using some glue and sequined strands. (via Encourage Fashion)
6. Drop Cloth Picnic Blankets: These blankets are a cinch to make, super affordable and are even washable. (via Brit + Co)
7. Food Friendship Necklaces: Because everyone knows the basis of any friendship revolves around a mutual love for waffles. (via Studio DIY)
8. Watermelon Tree Swing: If this doesn’t just scream summer, we don’t know what will. (via White Tulip Designs)
9. Watercolor Linens: Forget tie-dye; we’re doing this to everything we own. And we mean everything. (via Brit + Co)
10. Watercolor Fourth of July Tattoos: Planning a big Independence Day shindig? Deck out your guests in custom-made tattoos! Snag some tattoo paper and the printable designs available on Persia Lou’s blog to get started. (via Persia Lou)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.