12 Essential Pieces You Need from Target’s New Plus-Size Clothing Line
It seems like forever ago when Target announced that it was launching its first ever exclusive plus-size clothing line Ava & Viv. Now one super cute blogger-filled lookbook and months later, it’s finally online, and all we have to say is: get ready to shop. We scrolled through the first set of styles — all 100 of ‘em — and narrowed it down to 12 essentials every girl needs in her closet for spring. From closet basics to work-ready separates that nail that cozy confident vibe to made-for-spring-break clothes + swimwear, these are cream-of-the-crop selections you just shouldn’t pass up (and at classic Target prices, how could you?). Scroll through to see what you’ll be wearing from the Big Red Bullseye all season long.
1. Ava & Viv Twill Jacket Apple Green ($40): This khaki jacket is your new wear-anywhere spring coverup. It’s slightly metallic sheen keeps it from being strictly casual, so cinch the bungee waistline and toss it on over your weekday LBD.
2. Ava & Viv Ankle Pants Black & White ($30): There might not be a more perfect pair of trousers to show off your favorite oxfords. Add an unexpected pop of color by pairing the chic pants + sturdy shoes with brightly hued socks.
3. Ava & Viv Short Sleeve Pullover Top ($23): This season, a silver tee is turning out to be the wardrobe basic you never knew you needed. We love how it can dress up a pair of jeans just like that.
4. Ava & Viv Palazzo Pant Navy Floral ($30): Take your brunch best to the next level with these floral palazzos that are bound to stand in for your same old maxis.
5. Ava & Viv 3/4 Sleeve Cowlneck Top Black ($25): We can’t think of a better way to go from gym class to coffee with the girls. This sporty top would look equally chic over yoga pants or classic buses.
6. Ava & Viv Sleeveless Maxi Dress ($35): Finally, a toss-on-and-go dress that’s as flattering as it is easy to wear. We think we found our jean jacket’s PIC this season.
7. Ava & Viv Crop Denim Jeans Medium Blue ($35): We’ve found your spring denim pick-me-up. With a cropped hem and distressed details, this light washed pair couldn’t feel more of-the-moment.
8. Ava & Viv Sleeveless Jumpsuit Black ($35): Every girl needs a good go-to jumpsuit she can take from the beach to the bar. Consider yours found.
9. Ava & Viv Short Sleeve Denim Top Blue ($28): Get in on the ‘70s revival trend with this breezy denim tunic. Pair with flares and a floppy brimmed hat for the ultimate festival girl look.
10. Ava & Viv Long Sleeve Blazer Heather Gray ($35): The boardroom just got a lot more cozy thanks to this cotton blazer that turns a tee and jeans into full-fledged #Girlboss attire.
11. Ava & Viv High Waist Swim Bottom Black ($23): Wear-with-anything bathing suit bottoms are an essential for spring break, especially for the girl who hates bathing suit shopping, and these high-waisted briefs are the ones to mix and match. Its vintage-style cut is cute and flattering but still super sexy — don’t forget the kimono coverup.
12. Ava & Viv 3/4 Sleeve Cowlneck Pullover ($30): Athleisure never looked so effortless than it does with this cowlneck pullover. Make it your weekend go-to with leather joggers + sneakers or slide sandals.
Have you tried out any of Target’s Ava & Viv line? Tell us what pieces are your favorites in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)