7 Fashion Items You Need to Wear When You Work from Home
According to a recent New York Times article, 43 percent of Americans work from home at least part of the time during the work week. Though we normally focus on the most trend-right styles to rock in the office, we think it’s officially time to turn our attention to a few fabulous fashion finds that will save the unsung heroine of the workplace — the remote office worker. Scroll down for five absolutely, totally, and completely necessary work-from-home fashion essentials that you need for your domestic office.
1. Control-Top Stretch Pants: The name sells itself. Nothing will fool you into thinking that you’ve worked out during the day like a sleek set of control-top, high-waisted stretch pants. What better way to combine our two favorite functional details than in one buy that is vaguely acceptable to wear when you have the best intentions for hitting the gym later. Brit + Co Pick: Spanx Active Compression Very Black Leggings ($98)
2. Cashmere Hoodie: For days when you can barely muster the strength to put on a bra, a cashmere hoodie is the easiest way to get a healthy dose of luxury while you churn out reports from your couch. Brit + Co Pick: White and Warren Essential Zip Hoodie ($298)
3. Not-So-Basic Button-Down Shirt: Got a video conference call in 30 minutes and you haven’t even combed your hair? No problem. Whip your hair into a high pony and trick your co-workers into thinking that you’ve put the smallest amount of effort possible into getting dressed with a button-down that says, “I’ve been at it since 8am.” Brit + Co Pick: Zara Wrap Blouse With Bow in the Back ($36)
4. Glasses (No Prescription Required): There isn’t an accessory on this planet that reads “Down to business” quite like a set of glasses — even if they don’t actually improve your vision. Don’t worry about a pesky prescription, because the instant sense of accomplishment and “don’t-mess-with-me” ‘tude will justify this buy. Brit + Co Pick: Urban Outfitters Vintage Navigator Readers ($20)
5. High-End Socks: Even home offices can get drafty, right?! Exactly. Plus, you wouldn’t want to ruin these luxe, and otherwise unnecessary, beauties with the wear and tear of shoes and walking. Keep comfy while you sidestep a commute in true boss babe fashion. Brit + Co Pick: Garnet Hill Women’s Cashmere Socks ($38)
6. Double-Duty Slippers: Before you conjure images of fuzzy, furry slip-ons that read more like you’ve given up on your goals, think again. A solid, yet stylish, pair of everyday slippers strike the perfect balance between off-duty barefoot and commuter flats. Opt for a streamlined pair that can pull double duty for last-minute errands or for the rare moments when you get to leave the house during daylight. Brit + Co Pick: Loeffler Randall Winnie PomPom Babouche Slipper ($350)
7. The Obligatory Bra: Kudos to you for mustering up just enough strength to put a bra on in the first place. Your reward? This oh-so-comfortable wireless bra that gives you all the support you need to get through the (seemingly endless) day. Brit + Co Pick: Soma Vanishing Back Wireless Bra ($54)
Want more fabulous fashion buys that will never be seen by your office-mates? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.