When it comes to the boot du jour this winter, a seriously dope pair of white ankle booties — or Chelsea boots, if that’s more your style — will give you the confidence to stand out from the crowd. Try pairing ’em with fishnet tights or cuffed boyfriend jeans and a teddy bear topper (or anything, really) for what style influencers are already calling the lewk of the season. Not sure where to start? Scroll through for 13 Instababe-approved looks that will make you think twice before reaching for the same ol’ black boots.
1. Moody Florals: DO test-drive moody florals in the dead of winter with some retro white stompers like a true Material Girl. (Photo via @colormecourtney)
2. With Frayed Hem Jeans: This babe was born to stand out in her clashing cheetah-print topper, rainbow stripe jumper, and white booties. The clincher? It’s her frayed-hem jeans and A+ confidence that exude major style know-how. (Photo via @meganellaby)
3. Off-Duty With a Cropped Hoodie: Who’s dat girl? This could be you. Team an off-duty cropped hoodie with fire-engine-red leather pants and patent white ankle boots for an unapologetic look. (Photo via @theurbanspotter)
4. Rockstar-in-Training: Reach groupie-level status with a glen plaid mini, vintage tee, newsboy cap, and kicky white booties. Come after-hours, turn it up a notch with some rhinestone-embellished fishnet tights. (Photo via @scoutthecity)
5. Accompanied by a Trench: Work some of that sartorial magic this fashion cycle by juxtaposing your go-to trench with white patent boots and glitzy statement earrings. Et voilà! (Photo via @sandrasemburg)
6. Try Head-to-Toe Black: If you’re going to go all Matrix on us (that jet-black slicker, though), then know that white ankle booties aren’t up for debate.
7. Slay in a Sleek Topper: Tamu McPherson, we see you and your ogle-worthy Dries Van Noten ankle boots with big ’70s flair — enhanced by a fabulous patent red coat and accompanying crossbody bags, no less. (Photo via @tamumcpherson)
8. The Parisian Way: It-girls everywhere — not just Miroslava Duma — are flocking to this classic uniform comprised of a tailored plaid blazer, white tee, and wedgie fit jeans. But don’t be mistaken; it’s her white ankle-high boots that command attention. (Photo via @miraduma)
9. An Après-Ski Mentality: No snow day required to seek solace in a rotation of chummy Fair Isle knits and white ankle boots. Now cuff those jeans for a more relaxed demeanor. (Photo via @somethingnavy)
10. Heading to the Races: It’s called athluxury 2.0, people! Allow your white ankle boots to peek out just a smidge from some racing-stripe track pants, and you’ll be ready to hit the pavement running.
11. ’70s Chic: Introducing a fresh take on the Canadian tuxedo that we can actually get behind. Danielle Bernstein’s shearling-trimmed denim jacket and raw hem jeans get the total rockstar treatment, with white sock boots serving up no shortage of drama.
12. Show Some Leg: ‘Cause every killer #OOTD starts with a bangin’ pair of white Chelsea boots with FROW-ready potential. ‘Nuff said. (Photo via @mrstreetpeeper)
13. Winter Whites: The Queen of Snow has summoned you to reach for your ivory booties and uniform of winter whites. Just add a textured topper, femme collared dress, and delicate white tights for the grand fête of the season. (Photo via @emilisindlev)
Will you be rocking white ankle boots this winter? Follow us on Pinterest for more Instababe-approved style inspo!