Did you know it’s Chocolate Day on July 7?! No, no, not National Chocolate Day, which is in October, but this one is just as important. And to celebrate, you have to eat chocolate ALL day. As if we needed a reason ;) Start the day off properly with some chocolate for breakfast (yep, that’s right). This simple white chocolate-coconut-cashew butter is the perfect creamy deliciousness to add to your morning toast. If you’re not a fan of nut butters, try it anyway – this one is sure to convert you.
– 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded (desiccated) coconut
– 2 cups (16 oz) cashew nuts
– 1 ¼ cup finely chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- Blend the shredded coconut at high speed in a food processor until the coconut starts to release its oils – about 5-10 minutes depending on how strong your food processor is. You will need to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times during this process.
- Add the cashew nuts and continue to blend for 5 minutes. Blend for a couple of minutes longer if you like your cashew butter to be extra smooth.
- Add the chocolate (which will melt quickly, as the cashew nut paste will be warm from all the blending) and blend for a further minute until combined.
Blend the shredded coconut at high speed in a food processor until the coconut starts to release its oils.
Add the cashew nuts and continue to blend for 5 minutes. The cashews will first blend to crumbs, then after a couple of minutes they’ll break down and start clumping. Continue blending and they’ll break down to a grainy paste. Finally, they’ll turn into a smooth, creamy paste. You may need to turn off your blender to cool it down for a minute if you find it’s getting too hot!
Add the chocolate and blend for a further minute until combined.
Spread it on toast, drizzle it on fruit or just eat it with a spoon straight from the jar.
How would you eat yours? Let us know in the comments below.