30 of the Weirdest White Elephant Gifts for… Valentine’s Day?!
Ready to think outside of the (chocolate) box for Valentine’s Day gifts? We know how much you guys love our white elephant gift guide every Xmas, so we’re bringing it back for Cupid. You know we’re *also* fans of extra-awesome presents around here — like, say, 3D printed roses delivered to your sweetie’s door. So to carry on one of our favorite traditions, we’ve combed the web for unexpected, adorable and downright bizarre VDay gifts that will definitely make your boo smile. Keep reading for 30 ideas that will be SURE to surprise your special someone this February 14.
1. Selk-bag Original Sleeping Bag ($159): Now you can spoon with no fear of cover-hogging. Also, this brings matching couple outfits to a whole new level.
2. Edible Card ($9): Now you can have your Valentine’s Day card and eat it, too!
4. Candy Heart Sweater ($60): So we should definitely make ugly VDay sweater parties a thing… right?
5. Superman Cufflinks ($19): So that your fella will feel just a little more badass when he dresses up for a night on the town.
6. Muffin Tops Baking Cups ($15): Show your boo just how much you love their love handles — with muffin-top cupcake molds. Duh.
7. The Smitten ($38): Just in case you REALLY need to hold hands while out in the cold.
8. I’ll Guac Your World Tee ($20): Guac dirty to me, baby.
9. Perfect Cookie Cutter ($6): Here’s an idea: Gift these cute cutters along with a batch of doppelgänger cookies!
11. Best Bitches Split Heart Pendant ($11): Are you celebrating Galentine’s Day this year? Break out this three-way BFF necklace for a no-fail gift.
12. I F’N Love You! Candle ($18): Especially naked.
13. Bacon Ankle Socks ($6): Bacon socks to cover your fella’s little piggies!
14. Joust Pool Game ($30): There’s nothing like some healthy competition to keep your love life alive, amirite?
15. Love You More Than WiFi ($10): Now that’s twenty-first century romance, ladies and gents.
16. Boo Boo Kisses Bandages ($5): Because we all know that kisses actually do make boo boos feel better.
17. Snuggie Up Tuxedo + Evening Gown ($15): Date night in? Snuggle up in style with these fancy-shmancy Snuggies.
18. Salami Bouquet ($50): When in doubt, say it with… salami. Can’t lose.
19. I Think I Am in Friend-Love with You ($14): We can’t think of a sweeter gift to give your Galentine.
20. Heated Huggable Unicorn ($31): When you’re not there to keep your SO warm at night, this little dude will be.
21. Flirtmoji Tee ($22): Emoticon gods, how can we make this an official emoji?! Need. Now.
23. Tie Breaker Coins ($12): Got yourself a stubborn love? Break out these coins whenever y’all need help coming to a truce.
25. M-Y Fronts ($26): These customizable undies need no explanation. Just… yeah.
27. Let’s Be Lazy Pillowcase Set ($34): The couple who naps together, stays together.
28. Fortune Cakes Cupcake Molds ($12): Are you baking a batch of cupcakes for your better half this VDay? These adorable cupcake molds will add an extra-sweet surprise to the treat.
29. Baconluxious Bar — 3-Bar Set ($15): Finally, a much-needed update to the classic (and dare we say obligatory) chocolate valentine’s gift.
30. 50 Shades of Grey Print ($31): Three cheers for the sexiest — and nerdiest — pun poster we’ve seen in a while.
What sort of silly stuff will you be gifting this Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)