Whitney Port has been super-candid throughout her pregnancy journey, sharing all the changes happening in her life with fans as her little one continues to grow. After offering up thoughts on nutrition tips and her struggles with her body image while pregnant, the mom-to-be is now letting us in on her biggest maternity secret yet: her killer style. We’d wear most of her maternity looks whether we were pregnant or not, and in her latest blog post, the fashion designer says her enviable fashion has all been courtesy of one brand in particular.
Port is raving about Tilden, a company which caters to new mothers in all stages of their pregnancy and postpartum experience with clothes designed to flatter the body in all its changing shapes.”[Tilden] empowers women to seamlessly transition into motherhood without losing their identity along the way,” she wrote.
Whether you’re expecting but not showing much, about to “pop,” or already a few months into doing the whole mom thing, Port says they’ve got you covered. “They photograph looks on truly pregnant, pre-pregnancy, and post-pregnancy models to illustrate how a garment will change with you.” What a novel idea!
Prior to finding the brand, The Hills star echoed many of former co-star Lauren Conrad’s sentiments about troubles finding adequate — yet still stylish — maternity wear. “Lately I’ve realized that specific maternity collections just run way too big!” she wrote. “Sometimes they overcompensate with more fabric, and it is just not necessary; it ends up making you look bigger than you are!”
It’s not ideal for the 32-year-old, who wants to be able to reuse her picks once the baby is born. “New moms shouldn’t waste money on maternity clothing that is only relevant and flattering for a few short months of pregnancy,” she says. “Nor should they waste time and lose confidence by dressing and undressing multiple times a day based on feeding schedules, work, and home life.” Hear, hear!
While some of her favorite styles have since sold out, you can get still get your hands on plenty of her adorable picks, all of which she’s offering 20 percent off on at checkout when you use the code WHITNEY. Check out some of the highlights below!
1. Enza Costa V-Neck Caftan ($356): Boho babes will love the tie-dye print of this chic number, which hits just above the knee with side slits besides. Dress it up with heels for a night out or pair it with flats for your next vacay: The choice is yours!
2. Amanda Uprichard Janis Shirt Dress ($255): People will be none the wiser to your pregnancy status in this roomy shirtdress, which can be worn in any season (just add leggings!) and features side vents for hot summer days.
3. ALC Ethan Coat ($695): This one’s definitely an investment piece at nearly $700, but it’s also one you’ll be able to rock for seasons to come once you’d had your baby, thanks to its versatile adjustable tie waist. In fact, you can even order your regular pre-pregnancy size, which Tilden says should fit just fine, bump and all.
4. Diane von Furstenberg Madera Tunic ($365): This simple neutral shift dress just needs a necklace to make for a complete ensemble. With its oversized fit, you can wear your regular size before, during, AND after your pregnancy. Bless!
5. J. Brand Mama J Super Skinny Jeans ($198): These fade-resistant jeans have stretchy side panels that will give throughout your pregnancy for a chic look that won’t make you feel stuffed into a too-tight pair of pants.
Check out Port’s full list of recs here.
What do you think about the forward-thinking maternity site? Let us know what you’d shop @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(h/t Whitney Port; photos via Tilden)