Here’s the One Celeb-Approved Bag You’ll Want for Fall
It’s been over 10 years since The Hills, and the ladies have all continued to be relevant in their own right. Lauren Conrad has an incredible career and Audrina Patridge is a new mom. But it’s been Whitney Port, designer and street-style star, who has really come into her own as as one of the fashion elite.
Case in point — she recently posted a ‘gram of her out and about with a metallic handbag. That’s right, super shiny metallics are back in a big way this fall, and it’s only natural that our girl Whitney would be in on the trend from the get-go. Here’s how to copy her radiant look.
1. Mi-Pac Metallic Backpack ($65): Whether you’re headed back to school or you just love the look of a backpack, try this rose gold version. It’s simple enough to sport during the workweek, but functional enough to take on a long flight.
2. ASOS Metallic Shopper Bag ($36): If totes are totes your thing, try this silver cutie from ASOS. It’s a good neutral metallic, and goes well with both gold and silver jewelry.
3. Hoze Stilla Metallic Bag ($257): Ready to do it up right? Go for this silver cross-body bag for daytime *and* nights out — the shape is perfect for running around, and the color is spot on for date night.
4. Urban Expressions Brooklyn Clutch ($40): Two-for-one alert! This fold-over envelope clutch also has a chain, making it perfect for hands-free activities, whether that’s dancing or pushing a stroller.
5. BCBG Josephina Metallic Fringe Bag ($368): This fringe bag from BCBG would be a great investment piece, partly due to its gold color (it’s a neutral!), and partly due to its roominess (it holds a ton!). It’s an added bonus that you can wear it as a cross-body if you need to.
6. Sole Society Mayanna Bag ($55): For a super fancy night, reach for this glittered box clutch that will hold just the essentials that you’ll need.
7. Halston Heritage Metal Box Clutch ($98): If you can’t decide on which metallic is right for you, go for all three in this shiny cool box clutch.
8.Opening Ceremony Coin Double Clutch ($195): Add a little bit of pizzazz to daytime outfits with this cute-as-can-be coin purse on a strap.
9. Milly Python Embossed Clutch ($120): Python, iridescent and metallic? Yes, please! This sophisticated clutch from Milly will amp up any neutral outfit.
10. Charlotte Russe Metallic Chain Crossbody Bag ($15): Sometimes, simple is best. If you’ve already got a snazzy outfit and are just looking for that last little bit of something, try this plain — yet awesome — bag.
Tag us on Instagram with your favorite metallic bag with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo by Matt Winkelmeyer / Getty)