10 Duchess Kate-Worthy Winter Floral Dresses to Wear Now
Florals? For spring? Not so groundbreaking. Winter florals, on the other hand, can be newsworthy, especially when they’re done right and styled by our fashion hero, Kate Middleton. At a recent charity event in London, she wore an Erdem Moralioglu floral shift dress that was major style #goals. Of course, leave it to the duchess to know exactly how to break up the cold season’s wardrobe blahs. If you also need to get away from colorless doom and, eh-hem, bloom instead, you’ll want to follow this royal’s lead.
Keep reading for 10 fresh options that should tide you over until spring gets in full swing. (Photo via Karwai Tang/Getty)
1. ASOS Wiggle Dress in Floral Embroidery Print ($73): The number one (and really only) rule with winter florals is to keep the background of the look on the darker side. That way, the blooms really stand out.
2. Charles Henry Floral Dress ($88): Wear this colorful beauty with tights and booties until warmer weather decides to show up.
3. ASTR Floral Print Wrap Dress ($75): Still searching for the perfect Valentine’s date-night look (or date)? This dress solves at least one of your problems. The crochet neckline and plunging back are sexy enough to wear out, but the long sleeves mean you won’t freeze when you step outside.
4. Sami & Dani Floral Printed ¾ Sleeve Swing Dress ($35): Welcome back to the ’70s, baby. If you’re looking to get some bang for your buck, this colorful frock is ideal for the winter-to-spring transition. Wear it with some stockings for a shopping and high tea day now, and save it for a spring bridal shower later.
5. Zara Embroidered Short Dress ($100): If your style leans more global-inspired than department store, you’ll love this pretty embroidered option.
6. Topshop Rose Flute Sleeve Skater Dress ($68): Having to look hot when the temps are anything but is totally impossible, right? Not when you’ve got this super flirty skater dress in your closet. Add in some over-the-knee boots to complete the look.
7. Maeve Geoplanes Dress ($138): Of course Anthropologie, home to all our bohemian fantasies, has plenty of ahmazing floral options. This A-line gorg dress is no exception. Imagine layering it with your favorite sweaters and blazers for work, or wearing it alone for a low-key winter wedding.
8. Modcloth Botanical Breakfast Floral Dress ($60): If your weekends are usually filled with brunches and baby showers, definitely consider this tropical contender. The top is solid, so it is still approps for winter, but the bright bottom makes you look ready to samba. Or, you know, take down a mimosa.
9. H&M Long Sleeved Dress ($50): Yas, you can wear something to work that doesn’t involve your same solid go-tos.
10. H&M Open Shoulder Dress ($30): Winter florals can be perfect, flirty little numbers for all your weekend needs. Case in point: this sexy cutout V-neck dress from H&M. Just add your favorite black heels or boots and you are ready to go.
For more style inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Cover photo via Karwai Tang/Getty)