Be Our Guest! Hot Looks for Chilly Winter Weddings
With the sparkle of snow and ice, there is nothing more glamorous than a romantic winter wedding. But don’t let the cold cramp your style; when you think winter wedding, think bold jewel colors, elegant embellishments, and cozy cover-ups. Still not sure what to wear? We’ve got you covered with 14 beautiful looks that perfectly strike a balance between staying warm-ish and looking fabulous.
1. Free People ($432): Lace is an ideal texture for a winter wedding, and this bright red number is sure to make a festive statement.
2. French Connection ($168): Equally sexy and wedding appropriate, this black lace dress boasts a flattering, flared silhouette and sheer lace sleeves.
3. BCBG ($368): The trendy asymmetrical hemline is perfect for winter because it offers some coverage, but still allows you to show off a little skin. This navy blue dress shimmers with sheer chiffon over a sequined minidress.
4. Sue Wong ($279): Intricate detailing makes this nude and black party dress a show stopper. Pair this dress with a coat in a deep jewel tone, and you will be the most fashionable girl at the party.
5. BHDLN ($260): Pastel colors don’t need to wait until summer. This tulle gown is a lovely shade of mauve, and you can bump up the drama with a bold lip color and metallic heels.
6. ASOS ($51): There is absolutely no reason you can’t wear pants to a wedding, especially when they are as awesome as these. Business on top, party on bottom, these sequin pants will keep your legs warm and glamorous.
7. Anthropologie ($68): Sometimes the look isn’t about the dress. Go with a simple gown and contrast it with a fabulous statement necklace that emulates the glitter of snow and ice.
8. Lola ($123): A long-sleeved dress can go from blah to amazing by changing the color. As long as you’re not upstaging the bride, don’t be afraid to wear a bright color like orchid to a winter wedding.
9. Faux Fur Coat ($289): Fur (faux, obviously) is ideal for a winter wedding. Glamorous, cozy, and sexy, fur coats are definitely classy enough to stand up to your party dress.
10. Anthropologie ($275): Embellished gowns with beaded detailing are incredibly elegant and flattering, especially in rich shades.
11. ASOS ($150): How gorgeous is this flirty little skater dress? The embellishments, scalloped sleeves and open back ensure it will fit into any vintage-themed wedding.
12. Nordstroms ($113): Floral prints are not just for summer, especially when the print is a frosty-gray-and-black pattern like this pretty dress. Mesh sleeves give a bit of coverage against winter chill.
13. Bergdorf’s ($243): Gold and bronze are trending right now, so you can’t go wrong here. You won’t even have to pick out jewelry with this high-necked embellished dress.
14. FreePeople ($250): You should most definitely think about wearing velvet, a classic choice in winter fabrics. This navy blue dress throws a modern twist on a vintage look with a sheer net bodice and bead appliqué.
Which of these stunning dresses best represents your winter style? Let us know in the comments below!
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.