There’s nothing like new workout fashion (and the promise of feel-good vibes) to spark a little excitement about getting back into your fitness routine, especially in the dead of winter when your #fitspo’s taken a serious dive. Bright tops, bold, graphic bottoms and standout sneakers might make you feel like a million bucks and help you crush that killer plyo circuit, but it’s the whole braving the elements to get to the gym or studio that poses the problem. Because, hello, it’s cold out there. Yes, coats, but there’s the question of those other essential layers that will keep you cozy during your warm up too. Hoodies have always been a workout wardrobe stronghold but it’s time to push the limits of your workin’-on-my-fitness repertoire, and that’s where these 14 jackets, sweatshirts and pullovers come in. They give a whole new meaning to sport chic and will put your go-to hoodie to shame.
1. Gap Jacquard Quilted Pullover ($60): Between the red-hot color and chevron quilting, this eye-catching pullover is stylish enough to rock on the daily, making that transition from street to studio effortless and chic.
2. Janus Polar Cuff Raglan Sweatshirt ($290): High-shine cuffs and a clean-cut silhouette make this throw-on-and-go topper perfect for days when your post-workout social schedule is packed.
3. Nike Pro Warm 8 Bit Half-Zip ($49): Freezing temps can’t get between you and your daily run. This graphic top keeps you warm and dry during your outdoor sweat sesh, while a funky print and punchy peach hue keep your workout wardrobe feeling fresh.
4. Adidas Neo Pullover ($40): Rock this vibrant cable-knit number at the office or chillin’ with the girls, then pair it up with your fave stretchy leggings and trainers and get moving. Now there’s really no excuse not to get that workout in.
5. Victoria’s Secret Funnel-Neck Wrap Top ($60): This wrap-front top is too cool to keep cooped up in your closet. When you’re not rockin’ it on the mat, pair it with pencil skirts and tailored trousers for a modern and ultra comfortable on-the-clock look.
6. Alo Shell Jacket ($148): Nab some serious celeb style without totally breaking the bank with this cropped scuba number that calls Gigi Hadid’s closet home. The mesh sleeves give the top a bit of urban edge, while hidden waistband pockets make it super functional.
7. Adidas Originals Couture Sweatshirt ($70): Color blocking and cold-shoulder cutouts put a fresh twist on a classic sweatshirt for a creative look that can be worn anytime, anywhere.
8. Rebecca Minkoff Tess Jacket ($398): The bomber jacket is slated to be the next big thing in outerwear in 2016, thanks to its effortless, athleisure edge. Nail the trend with this long-line number that boasts major gym-to-street appeal with its gray and black paneling and soft-yet-streamlined silhouette.
9. H&M Mesh Sports Top ($18): Meet your new favorite warm-up top. Lightweight mesh and three-quarter-length sleeves have you covered before you’re ready to really bring the heat without the risk of a total meltdown.
10. ADAY Like a Boss Sweatshirt ($95): Consider this turtleneck sweat in textured neoprene-like fabric your new BFF. It’s perfect for running, walking, whatever, plus it pulls overtime, adding an unexpected element to chill-sesh ensembles. For even more wear, take it along on date night or to the office by rocking it with a pleated metallic midi and heeled lace-up boots.
11. Trina Turk Recreation Harbour Island Print Active Jacket ($152): Inject a little energy and life into your workout repertoire with pops of neon. That bit of extra sartorial oomph might be just what you need to nail that morning workout routine.
12. Forever21 Active Bonded Mesh Pullover ($20): This sports-chic topper is the epitome of athleisure cool, with bonded mesh fabric and varsity-striped trim. Rock it with your fave yoga leggings, then dress it up for off-duty with boyfriend jeans, ankle boots and an oversized cocoon coat.
13. Joe Fresh Active Fleece ($19): Black-and-white grid check feels super sophisticated, so even after a super intense CrossFit class, your style stays on top while you tackle your to-do list.
14. Derek Lam 10C Athleta Collaboration Elevate Jacket ($428): Sherpa fleece, leather gusseted sleeves and leather-lined zip accents make for one of the most luxe to-the-studio pieces around. Now this is how you do sports chic.
What are your favorite pieces of workout gear? Tag us on Twitter @britandco!