7 Workouts That’ll Give You Buns of Steel
There are lots of reasons to want to strengthen your booty. From making those dance floor moves at your friend’s wedding look extra good to protecting you from running injuries, a strong butt does the body good. You don’t need a gym to get a Beyoncé booty — there are tons of easy exercises to do from home. We rounded up a YouTube video for every day of the week that’ll target your glutes and motivate you through the burn. Get ready to rock those jeans with some serious sass.
1. Lift and Tone Booty Routine With Katrina: Katrina from Tone It Up joins forces with the fine folks at LivestrongWoman to take you through a full-booty workout that strengthens your butt, thighs and legs. Plus, her step-by-step commentary as she works it on the beach will make it easier than ever to picture your vacay as you sweat it out. (via LivestrongWoman)
2. Victoria’s Secret Angel Butt Workout: Want a butt that’s ready for its close-up? Follow along with personal trainer Rebecca-Louise for a workout that’s runway ready. Bonus: This workout is less than 15 minutes long and can be done from the comfort of your home, sans equipment. (via XHIT Daily)
3. Kettle Booty: Katrina rides solo again to bring you this 16-minute workout focused exclusively on the booty. You’ll need a kettlebell and some light hand weights (two to five pounds) to rock this workout, but she’ll have you toned and tight in no time. (via Tone It Up)
4. Brutal Booty: At-Home Pilates Butt Workout: One of our fave fitness vloggers, Cassey from blogilates, incorporates some serious pilates moves into this 10-minute, no-equipment-necessary routine. Plus, she guarantees our glutes will be on fiyaaaa in the morning — and we know better than to question her on that. (via blogilates)
5. The Kardashian Butt Workout Review: You didn’t think we would pull together a booty roundup without including the OGs of the behind, did you? In this light-hearted vid, Jessica pairs up with fitness blogger Katie Austin to try out three of Khloe’s ‘grammed butt exercises, and let’s just say, it’s just as hilarious as it is informative. (via Jessica Carroll)
6. Five-Minute Butt and Thigh Workout for a Bigger Butt: Um, a better butt in five minutes? Sign us up. You’ll go through a variety of basic moves at 40 seconds of work followed by five seconds of rest. Yep, you’ll definitely be feeling your booty burn. (via FitnessBlender)
7. Legs and Butt Shaper Workout: Trainer Astrid McGuire takes you through this 10-minute workout that consists of four rounds of 10 exercises each, all including a mix of cardio and strength. While it focuses on the glutes, your legs get a serious workout too. A win/win for lower bods everywhere. (via BeFit)
Tweet us your favorite booty workout @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)