15 WTF Hair Moments We Left in 2016
Just because we worship the very ground (err — red carpet) that celebrities walk upon doesn’t mean that they always get it right when it comes to hair. Even with their squad of leading stylists and makeup artists, we’ve seen more than a few beauty and style faux pas that made us stop and think for a minute (and we’re not just talking about the futuristic looks of the 2016 Met Gala, either). From Madonna to Kylie Jenner and a slew of A-listers in between, these 15 looks at celebrity hair will elicit all sorts of unexpected reactions, from “Huh?” to “W-T-actual-F?”
1. Khloe Kardashian: While the pigtail braids trend was pretty cute (not gonna lie), we stopped to reconsider upon sighting four-year-old Penelope wearing hair extensions. The concerned look on little Penelope’s face really says it all.
2. Bella Thorne: While we give Bella mad props for this bold dye-job, her corresponding red-and-lime green accessories were a touch too flashy. Statement hair like that deserves a more subtle look to go with it — an all black outfit, perhaps?
3. Taylor Hill: Taylor Hill is officially one of our favorite models on the scene, but this Marc Jacobs runway look with rainbow fabric hair extensions just doesn’t cut it for us. Marc faced some controversy over this runway show, for this culturally insensitive style.
4. Blake Lively: With some of the best hair in the biz, we have high expectations for Blake — which is why we cringed at the sight of her famously long, silky tresses all curled and frizzed to the max. The look would work, except that we already know it’s a downgrade from her natural hotness.
5. Jessica Alba: One of Hollywood’s most famously beautiful stars appears to have recently been… slimed? The next time you agree to appear on Ellen’s talk show, bear in mind that this is what happens when you get punk’d, DeGeneres style.
6. Kate Hudson: Kate Hudson is our original Hollywood celeb BFF-crush (true story) ’cause she always seems like the life of the party. Here she is looking both gorgeous and goofy in a technicolored airbrushed headband that’s been customized with her name. P.S. Cute lob, though!
7. Cara Delevingne: While we consider ourselves fangirls of all things Cara, we won’t be snagging this look from the starlet anytime soon. She’s got a full head of pigtails with pink and blue extensions for the wackiest look we’ve seen on her to date (and that’s sayin’ something).
8. Kaia Gerber: ICYMI, Kaia’s posing here for Kendall Jenner’s photographic debut with her hair in a jumbo-sized carrot top frizzed-out ‘do for the cover. Oh, the things models do in the name of fashion!
9. Gwen Stefani: While Gwen is a verifiable style maven, she strayed from her usual perfection with this one jaggedy look. While her uneven dip-dyed ombre bob is super unique, this is one style of Gwen’s that we wouldn’t like to try out ourselves.
10. Karlie Kloss: Were you as surprised as we were to see Karlie in her BFF Taylor’s signature ‘do? The supermodel and the pop star are an adorbs pair of besties, but hairstyles are the one thing they apparently shouldn’t share.
11. Gigi Hadid: Speaking of besties, KenGi swapped hair colors and threw us for a total loop when they stepped out to dinner in Los Angeles. They each wore coordinating blush outfits paired with wigs in the other’s hair color. Seriously, WTF?
12. Miley Cyrus: This look of Miley’s — featuring more hair extensions than clothing — left us with literally no words. A couple abbreviations come to mind, however, such as “WTF” or “SMH.”
13. Madonna: While it’s heartening to see that the lifelong icon still likes to keep things fresh, we’re not in love with this Mad Hatter look or the cotton candy pink wig on her head. The satin rose was a nice accent, Madge — we’ll give you that.
14. Khloe Kardashian: Double buns made it big this year, but did you ever fully warm up to them? The silly ‘do with its mouse-like appearance would be better suited for a costume versus Khloe’s oversize tee and OTK boots.
15. Kylie Jenner: And then, of course, there’s Kylie Jenner. While Kylie had an unbelievably big year with all the changes to her hair, her firetruck-red cornrows with a matching kiss on her cheek was one look that left us unimpressed.
Which of these wild celebrity looks is your favorite? Let us know on Pinterest!