It’s Official: Yellow Will Be Taking Over Red Carpets in 2018
There’s a new color taking over on the red carpet for 2018, and it’s not Pantone’s Ultra Violet purple! According to eBay, who just released its “top shopped retail report,” findings revealed that one shade in particular is standing out above all the rest for the New Year. It seems we’ll be soon be seeing 50 shades of yellow everywhere we look, as the color saw a seven percent increase when it came to both celeb and social media influencers’ style.
1. Gal Gadot: The Wonder Woman made her first public appearance of 2018 a stunning one, thanks to this uber-bright, asymmetrical Esteban Cortazar sunshine yellow gown, officially putting the hue on the map for the New Year. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. Bella Hadid: Just last month, the supermodel wowed in a long-sleeved yellow Fendi gown to celebrate the grand opening of the Bulgari Dubai Resort. (Photo via Vittoria Zunino Cellato/Getty)
3. Gigi Hadid: Hadid’s big sis also turned heads in the cheerful shade back in November, when she stepped out in a yellow Ralph Lauren collection minidress and overthrow. (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
4. Kate Mara: Mara looked like a Grecian goddess come-to-life in a canary yellow Dior gown at the the Guggenheim International Gala last November. (Photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
5. Blake Lively: The Rhythm Section actress managed to literally stop traffic while clad in a head-to-toe yellow Brandon Maxwell getup of a vintage-inspired turtleneck and coordinating wide-leg pants last October. (Photo via James Devaney/Getty)
6. Tessa Thompson: The For Colored Girls star proved she had her own superpowers of style at October’s red carpet premiere of Thor: Ragnarok in this subtle mustard Schiaparelli number: We’re not worthy! (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Would you attempt to pull off head-to-toe yellow? Tweet us @BritandCo.
(Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty)